FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

User avatar
By Carnies
Location: 
Posts:  360
Joined:  Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:48 pm
#378872
Might be legit but it doesn't really look sustainably harvested. You could try it though.
User avatar
By Panman
Location: 
Posts:  2093
Joined:  Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
#378882
I may have to get in on this. I have been wanting red moss, and this is pretty affordable.
User avatar
By elaineo
Location: 
Posts:  302
Joined:  Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 am
#378890
okay, thanks! I want to make sure it's an actual red species. I placed an order and will let you guys know how it compares to my green moss :)
By Frothy_Milk
Posts:  389
Joined:  Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm
#378892
I just actually bought some last week! I’ll send some pics when it arrives on Monday. 12$ total for a quart of sphagnum not bad at all


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
elaineo liked this
By Frothy_Milk
Posts:  389
Joined:  Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm
#378895
There is also a seller from Holland who’s on Etsy that sells sphagnum capiillifolium (red sphagnum) for 10$ but only sells a few growth heads to start a culture. This is a different species than the one on eBay so one may hold the red color more than another but who knows.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
elaineo liked this
User avatar
By elaineo
Location: 
Posts:  302
Joined:  Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 am
#378904
Frothy_Milk wrote:There is also a seller from Holland who’s on Etsy that sells sphagnum capiillifolium (red sphagnum) for 10$ but only sells a few growth heads to start a culture. This is a different species than the one on eBay so one may hold the red color more than another but who knows.
ah, i see it. $30 for shipping is more than I want to pay for sphagnum. I would join a group buy though :)
By Frothy_Milk
Posts:  389
Joined:  Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm
#378906
elaineo wrote:
Frothy_Milk wrote:There is also a seller from Holland who’s on Etsy that sells sphagnum capiillifolium (red sphagnum) for 10$ but only sells a few growth heads to start a culture. This is a different species than the one on eBay so one may hold the red color more than another but who knows.
ah, i see it. $30 for shipping is more than I want to pay for sphagnum. I would join a group buy though :)
I wouldn’t even do a group buy. In my opinion a few heads of sphagnum for anything more than 5$ is a ripoff. Doesn’t matter how rare it is


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
By Panman
Location: 
Posts:  2093
Joined:  Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
#378908
Frothy_Milk wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:47 pm In my opinion a few heads of sphagnum for anything more than 5$ is a ripoff. Doesn’t matter how rare it is
To be fair, there are people who get into sphagnum as much as we get into CP. There is a Facebook group dedicated to moss. I don't get it, but ...
User avatar
By CPhunter101
Location: 
Posts:  385
Joined:  Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:30 pm
#378909
Frothy_Milk wrote:I wouldn’t even do a group buy. In my opinion a few heads of sphagnum for anything more than 5$ is a ripoff. Doesn’t matter how rare it is
I'm actually purchasing a 1 gallon bag. Last time I bought a gallon of live sphagnum from another seller, I got tons of it (not a couple strands). I like to farm sphagnum (and maybe sell some for money) and use it for my nepenthes. 1 gallon saves you tons of money on shipping (based on where I live). If you like rare red sphagnum, I'd advise that you take a swipe at the 1 gallon bags, 1 quart is basically nothing.
By Frothy_Milk
Posts:  389
Joined:  Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm
#378924
Panman wrote:
Frothy_Milk wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:47 pm In my opinion a few heads of sphagnum for anything more than 5$ is a ripoff. Doesn’t matter how rare it is
To be fair, there are people who get into sphagnum as much as we get into CP. There is a Facebook group dedicated to moss. I don't get it, but ...
I am people


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supercazzola liked this
By Frothy_Milk
Posts:  389
Joined:  Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm
#379105
Got the sphagnum in and it’s 100% worth it! Give it more light and I should see the red pop more overtime
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supercazzola liked this
Nep260 req. S. oreophila

Thanks, Dean!

New donation

Hard choice... cephs... or oreo :?. Big thanks t[…]

There will be many if the germination rate is good[…]

Ok thank god. Should I move them to indirect sun?

MikeB's grow list

New additions: Venus flytraps Big Vigorous Germ[…]

Order received. Your order number is 0598. I'll PM[…]

Are you donating betta eggs? The only place I have[…]

Your request, 0574, is still active, it has not be[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!