FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By papatoad
The Red Piranha's arrived today in beautiful shape. Should have no trouble with these guys. Thanks a bunch.
Glen :D
papatoad liked this
By victor
Nice and good luck with them!!!
By papatoad
manzano167: Most impressive colllection. I don't think I'll ever get that far, but it will be fun trying. I will try for some pictures. The camera phone I have, has to have the stars in perfect alignment to get a good picture.
I want to start this spring out by grabbing up some new plants. I having problems deciding what to get next. I like the Big Vigorous or the Low Giant. The FTS is sold out of both so it's not a problem. Any suggestions for a big, vicious looking fly trap? Anybody with any idea's? :evil:
Thanks, Glen
By Matt
papatoad wrote:I like the Big Vigorous or the Low Giant. The FTS is sold out of both so it's not a problem. Any suggestions for a big, vicious looking fly trap? Anybody with any idea's? :evil:
Low Giant and Big Vigorous are both great choices, as is the B52. Looks like all of them are out of stock in the store right now. I'm taking a hiatus from shipping orders while focusing on TC work. Steve is filling the orders and managing the inventory of the store. Once I start listing plants again, I'll have a few B52s, some Big Vigorous and just a few Low Giants to offer.
By David F
Poor Matt, seems like zillions of requests and people waiting for your store to go in stock must drive you insane sometimes! I can't even imagine, what people say on these forums, directly affects what you do for your whole company :O.

Its amazing that you do it, like an art almost, and great customer service, I would find it hard to do all that. Thanks for this store, this forum, and this great community :)!
David F liked this
By papatoad
Matt,Let me humble myself with a gracious thank you. I am beginning to realize just how much you do and go through with all this. I don't want to sound selfish, but I've got the fever for more cowbell! I can easily go for a readily available second choice. Also, I am on the notification list when these become available.
The plants I recieved were of excellent health, and am extremely pleased. Thank you,
glen
By 95slvrZ28
papatoad wrote: I can easily go for a readily available second choice
Both Matt and Steve have sung Jaws praise more than once. I recently purchased one from the store, and although it incurred some sunburn and hasn't started taking off yet, the traps that were on it when shipped looked beautiful. Maybe you should consider one while you wait!
By Matt
95slvrZ28 wrote:
papatoad wrote: I can easily go for a readily available second choice
Both Matt and Steve have sung Jaws praise more than once. I recently purchased one from the store, and although it incurred some sunburn and hasn't started taking off yet, the traps that were on it when shipped looked beautiful. Maybe you should consider one while you wait!
I didn't make mention of other plants that rival Big Vigorous, Low Giant and B52 in traps size and Jaws is one of them. And it gets better coloration than any of the other three and also has the cool shark-like "teeth." It's one of my favorite clones and has been one of Steve's as well since I sent him some to grow last winter. And I think we're currently the only people selling this officially registered cultivar.

Thanks for pointing out Jaws, Blake. papatoad, I think you'd be very happy with a Jaws if you can't wait for a B52, Big Vigorous or Low Giant to come in stock.
By papatoad
I have two B52's right now. They seem to be starting to grow very well now. The new shoots are shooting. Ha ha. I think Jaws is an excellent second choice. I plan on ordering a couple shortly. I have had the standard Vft's for so long, I see what is available and just want to go crazy. With my B52, Red Piranha, my standards and a tentative Jaws. I will be happy for a while. I think this site is great and plan to hang around for a while.
Thank you
Glen
By 95slvrZ28
Glad to hear that you're thinking of hanging around, this is a great place to learn about plants and much more!
By papatoad
Well, I took several pictures of my Red piranha., This seems to be the best of the worst. I think I uploaded it correctly, so here goes. Enjoy!:)
Glen
Attachments:
Red Piranha.jpg
Red Piranha.jpg (224.17 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
By victor
NICE!!! They look very heathly!!!

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!