FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
ImageImage
Red larvae :
Dry substance - 95 %
Crude protein min - 60 %
Crude fat max - 7 %
Net Amount - 7,5 gr
Volume - 120ml
Is a natural food and made with liofilisation (or what this is called in english, Lyophilisate ?) process. It does not contain conservants.

Red is maybe a little lie, or maybe the larvae changed the colors in light brown in the mean time lol. A red larvae species exists or is a generic name ? I don't know, but maybe someone will or know already. Btw, liofilisation is a procces of dry food at below freezing point, or maybe i'm mistaken ? It seems that even that "Red larvae" is written on the label, the product contains mosquito larvae and of course they are many companies that make fish food. Is smells like dog/cat food, wich smells rather good (no, i don't eat this sort of stuff) and no adverting intended for the product. So, anyone is using mosquito larvae for vft, nephentes, etc ?. And is a little risk or not ?
By Eric
I have never used this one VFTs but I have had great success with feeding hydrated balls of it to Nepenthes, Drosera, and Sarracenia. (Mainly Purpurea.) I'm sure it could work with other plants too, but feeding a VFT would be kinda tedious. ;)
By Darkrai283
Freeze-dried blood worms are the ones you have showing in the picture. They can be used for anything and works like a miracle for Dews! :) just hydrate and feed...but make sure not to feed too much in one go as the trap can rot. ;)
Darkrai283 liked this

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!