FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Myhumminbird

I received my order of 25 red babies yesterday, and decided to post this to anyone who would be wondering what they would end up with if they ordered them, I wasn't sure what to expect. They were well packed and looked very nice when I opened them. I had two pots outside in the rain waiting for them, soaked them down as instructed, and planted them. I will post more pics in about a week of them potted, it is to dark here now to take any of them. They range from the size of a quarter, to smaller then a dime. and still looked perky today. BTW, I actually ended up with 27 (yepp, I counted) Very happy with my order, and wondering what they will look like when they grow a little. Does anyone here know what they will turn into when they are a little bigger? MyHumminbird

Updated with them potted.
By Myhumminbird
I was wondering if I could put them outside on my porch yet, or leave them in the window for a few days? I have them inside for now, I was afraid of burning them.
By Matt
Myhumminbird wrote:I was wondering if I could put them outside on my porch yet, or leave them in the window for a few days? I have them inside for now, I was afraid of burning them.
I can't say for sure how Steve was growing them, but my guess is that they'd probably be fine on the porch provided that it's not too hot outside right now and they're protected from the heat of the mid-day sun. I usually try to protect baby flytraps from "extremes" including full mid-day sun, frost or freezing in the winter, getting too dry, etc. Try to care for them gently for the first year or so and once they get established, they'll be fine to throw out into full sun.

Also, it's not a bad idea to keep a recently repotted plant out of full sun (particularly in the summer) until their roots can get established again (takes a couple of weeks) and they can keep themselves well hydrated.
By Myhumminbird
I think I will leave them inside for a week or so a least. They are pretty happy on the window sill, and it has been in the 90's here. It is supposed to be in the high 90's all week , and they have had both a trip through the post office and a new potting. They are very nice little guys, and I don't want to kill them off. I think I may have made a mistake with my sundew I don't know that much about sundews, but I got one in June. I think it has been so hot here that it doesn't seem sticky, it is growing though. Maybe I should have left it in the house too. How about dormancy, should I let them sleep this winter? I would appreciate your input, Myhumminbird
By PitcherPlanter
if it is out of country you could get seeds, flower stalks, pollen and plants in TC. Otherwise you have to buy a permit and thats when it get confusing and expesive.
By mando
HarrisAz wrote:wow....makes me say "wish it can be shipped to Malaysia"
I am not in Malaysia, but wish the same, the quality of plants and service looks better than other sites, I have to be happy with just seeds :roll: :)
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!