FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Anymal911
Hello everyone! So my parents might get me a greenhouse for my birthday, but with so many different models out there I have no idea what to get. So I thought I would create this post not only for me, but also for any newcomers looking to get their first greenhouse to use as a resource as well. Seasoned growers, I'd very much appreciate it if you could help out not just me, but the community as a whole. Comment what greenhouse model you have, dimensions, the rating you give it out of ten, and a review/ any comments you may have on it, and tell us about your ventilation, temp and humidity equipment, electrical, benches, shelves, watering system, shading, etc. if you can. The idea is to help out newbies (and me :lol: ) not make a mistake on such a large investment. Thanks to everyone! Hopefully we have a sticky-worthy thread soon! :)
Last edited by Anymal911 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Alvin 415
How big of a greenhouse do you want? What is the total budget?

This will help folks narrow down the choices.

You'll need more than just the greenhouse.

Ventilation, temp and humidity equipment, electrical, benches, shelves, watering system, shading, the list goes on.

Greenhouse Gardener's Companion by Shane Smith is a good book.

I do recommend getting the biggest greenhouse that is practical for your yard. It is surprising how quickly you can run out of space.
By Mufasa
i'd recommend getting a solid one, rather than one of the frames with the plastic covers.
By Anymal911
Alvin 415 wrote:How big of a greenhouse do you want? What is the total budget?

This will help folks narrow down the choices.

You'll need more than just the greenhouse.

Ventilation, temp and humidity equipment, electrical, benches, shelves, watering system, shading, the list goes on.

Greenhouse Gardener's Companion by Shane Smith is a good book.

I do recommend getting the biggest greenhouse that is practical for your yard. It is surprising how quickly you can run out of space.
I want a fairly good sized one... Not too big but not too small if you know what I mean... Let me edit the post real quick though lol.
By dutchplantlover
Mine is two meters wide and 3 m long no idea how tall.
No idea what the price was.

The temperature of a greenhouse depends largely on the spot it is in.
If it is under a tree like mine sadly enough is, it will not get sufficient light and reaches a much lower temperature.

6/10
Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!