FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By tommyr
Hi Matt & Leah and all,
As the title says I received my DCXL (looks great!) and have a question or 2. I assume it's potted in all LFSM? Is it O.K. to pot it into a standard peat moss/perlite mix (I assume yes), maybe next late winter / spring before dormancy ends?

By Matt
tommyr wrote:I assume it's potted in all LFSM?
Yep!
tommyr wrote:Is it O.K. to pot it into a standard peat moss/perlite mix (I assume yes), maybe next late winter / spring before dormancy ends?
Sure. You can repot it into any medium you prefer at any time. It has been recently repotted, so it's good to grow for at least a year. But if you want to repot it into something else, feel free to do so.
Matt liked this
By tommyr
Matt wrote:
tommyr wrote:I assume it's potted in all LFSM?
Yep!
tommyr wrote:Is it O.K. to pot it into a standard peat moss/perlite mix (I assume yes), maybe next late winter / spring before dormancy ends?
Sure. You can repot it into any medium you prefer at any time. It has been recently repotted, so it's good to grow for at least a year. But if you want to repot it into something else, feel free to do so.

Thanks Matt. Since it's recently re-potted I'll leave it alone to grow this year and do it next early spring. I just get a bit nervous with the watering with it since I'm used to using the peat moss/perlite mix.
By Matt
tommyr wrote:I just get a bit nervous with the watering with it since I'm used to using the peat moss/perlite mix.
It's really no different in terms of the rules (keep it damp, not too wet and never let it dry out). It just requires a slightly more frequent watering schedule. As long as you check the plant regularly and aren't in an extreme climate, I'm sure you'll have great success with the LFSM.
Matt, Matt liked this

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!