FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Shelilla
I wanted a macro camera for my birthday so I could take higher-quality closeups of my plants and tiny seedlings. My family has had a camera we've used for underwater photos while on vacation for years, but I never knew more about it than that.

One of the cameras I put on my birthday wishlist was the Olympus TG-4, but my dad (seeing how expensive they are) said I should try out the underwater one first, because it was an Olympus one, and- as it turned out- a TG-3!

I was VERY impressed with the stunning photographs this camera took in macro mode, way better than any I've every taken with my phone and a magnifying glass! I'm really happy to have made this discovery, because now I can take beautiful photos of my bug-eating babies :mrgreen: better yet, it has a built-in stabilizer for my shaky hands lol
FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender (1).jpg (1009.94 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (988.49 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
IMG-2681.JPG
IMG-2681.JPG (852.89 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
Aaaah this camera is incredible, I love it already. I took 40 photos before the battery ran out after realizing how amazing it was :P
FullSizeRender (4).jpg
FullSizeRender (4).jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1507 times
FullSizeRender (5).jpg
FullSizeRender (5).jpg (834.35 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
FullSizeRender (6).jpg
FullSizeRender (6).jpg (887.94 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
Now all I need is an LED light ring to put around the camera lens so it's not overshadowing my seedlings so much...hehehehe well i know what I'll really ask to get as a birthday present next :lol:

I'd recommend this camera to anyone interested in macro photography because it is AMAZING and a incredibly cheap (only around $300, compared to the $650 TG-4) considering the features it has (except for LEDs around the lens, which can easily be found and bought online as an accessory) and the high quality pictures it takes (or at least has for me :D )
FullSizeRender (7).jpg
FullSizeRender (7).jpg (872.5 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
IMG-2667.JPG
IMG-2667.JPG (1.39 MiB) Viewed 1507 times
IMG-2692.JPG
IMG-2692.JPG (686.84 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
IMG-2655.JPG
IMG-2655.JPG (629.61 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
IMG-2656.JPG
IMG-2656.JPG (690.55 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
I feel as though my passion for CPs has been rekindled all over again! :mrgreen: Sundews are so photogenic, aren't they?
By Shelilla
Hungry Plants wrote:Great shots. A small tripod will help immensely.
Thanks! Yes, I'm hoping to get one of those so I can get better angles, and especially videos of them

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

S. flava or a hybrid

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

Is the pot draining? What water are you using? Wha[…]

What on earth is this?

Looks a lot like springtails to me. Other possibil[…]

What’s happening

Ok so I went looking again today and noticed a sid[…]

All three of those are available in the seed bank[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!