FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Shadowtski
Drosera scorpioides are one of the largest of the Pygmy Sundews. They're easy to grow from gemmae. Gemmae are reproductive structures that look like tiny green potato chips. They're produced at the growing point of the plant during the beginning of Winter. The plant produces nice looking flowers in Spring. Here's a community pot of scorps. Picture taken today.
Drosera scorpioides flowering 2.jpg
Drosera scorpioides flowering 2.jpg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 1515 times
ChefDean, evenwind, Matt liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Scorpioides is such a pleasure to grow. It never wants to produce flowers for me, and only will if exposed to low light and low water, for some reason. Great growing!
Shadowtski liked this
By Shadowtski
My scorps are 4-6 inches away from growlight so I don't think low light is the trigger, as least not in my case. It seems seasonal, right around this time of year. Photoperiod is controlled by sunrise/sunset timer so they do get a regular progression of seasons.
These two shots were from 4/14/2019, the same time of year. But these were taken with a real camera. Today's picture was a quick snap with my cellphone camera.
4/14/2019
4/14/2019
D scorpioides Flower 002.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
4/14/2019
4/14/2019
D scorpioides Flower 001.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Shadowtski wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:00 pm My scorps are 4-6 inches away from growlight so I don't think low light is the trigger, as least not in my case. It seems seasonal, right around this time of year. Photoperiod is controlled by sunrise/sunset timer so they do get a regular progression of seasons.
These two shots were from 4/14/2019, the same time of year. But these were taken with a real camera. Today's picture was a quick snap with my cellphone camera.

D scorpioides Flower 002.jpg

D scorpioides Flower 001.jpg
Ah I see, thanks for the info. All of my other pygmies bloom every spring/summer but scorp is always the reluctant one for me... :lol:. Nice shots too!
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!