FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Darkrai283
[08.07.15]

Group photo time! :D

I now currently have good examples of the wonderful species available in culture in the 3 orders of:
1. Phasmatodea- Achrioptera fallax
2. Mantodea- Idolomantis diabolica
3. Coleoptera- Phalacrognathus muelleri

ImageIMG_5618 by Richard Nakamura, on Flickr
Darkrai283, Darkrai283 liked this
By Darkrai283
[22.07.15]

Having come back home after being away for a few days, I decided to tip out the contents of the laying box to see if there were any eggs laid in the very bottom layer of compacted black-soil as there weren't any signs of wood shavings on the surface.

I didn't find either and after inspecting the logs carefully, it's quite clear that they both had escaped. The only thing is that I haven't seen them since the last photo was taken so there's a 1 week span in which they could have escaped. I have already spent about 2 hours cleaning the house while looking for them both at the same time but with no avail so far. :(
By Grey
These are so utterly gorgeous, Richard - I'm so sorry they escaped, I'm glad you found the male though. Any success with the female?

It's quite surprising how such large critters can actually get out and go far and wide - I remember when Tarshish, one of my cockroaches, got out of his tank and was found under a chest of drawers in my parents' bedroom. Given the size of your beetles, though, and the shape of their "antlers", it's no wonder they might be able to get out if given the opportunity.

Are they difficult to keep?

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!