FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By cylpol
Just a question about how much space Sarracenia need for growth. I know that they divide and create a growth points and wuithout enough room they stay below the soil and rot if not enough room. Just wanted to know if the bog below in the attached picture there has enough room and in general how much room do sarracenia need. One of the pictures is one set up with more room and another is one with squares that show the place where new plants can go in. Is there room in both cases of the bog set up Thank you so much for the help. It is much appreciated to get help from people that have been growing for a while.
Attachments:
Second Bog
Second Bog
2.jpg (702.4 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
First Bog
First Bog
1.jpg (788.16 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
By xanthoparmelia
You'll be good for a growing season or two, but your bogs will get overcrowded sooner or later. The psittacina will take up a decent amount of space, since it grows prostrate, it will form a rosette maybe 8-10 inches in diameter. You can probably control the space required by the flava and the mitchelliana (?), if you remove divisions every Spring. Same with the VFT. A happy flytrap will also aggressively divide and spread.
xanthoparmelia liked this
By cylpol
Wow you could tell it was a mitchelliana that is really cool you could see that! So would the first picture be enough room for a few seasons and the second one with the squares just not enough space if plants are placed in there
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!