FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By EGROEG
Anyone know what cultivar this sarracenia is? Attached below is a photo of the plant. If I’m not mistaken, the one in the middle (the biggest greener looking sarracenia) looks like a purpurea ssp Venosa to me. But I’m not sure about the other divisions around it, which look a lot redder, with skinnier pitchers, and seem to have black veining on some pitchers. Perhaps that’s how young purpurea Venosa look? Or are those other divisions another sarracenia cultivar all together? Perhaps s x chelsonii? Your opinions would be much appreciated :)
Attachments:
A6F27B31-610E-4F13-9930-9AEC6612A9B5.jpeg
A6F27B31-610E-4F13-9930-9AEC6612A9B5.jpeg (2.6 MiB) Viewed 2643 times
By EGROEG
Thought I might add that all divisions came in the same pot, but I’m starting to have doubts whether they’re all divisions of the same purpurea Venosa in the middle or not
By Copper2
You have multiple divisions in there. The green one in the middle looks most like a purpurea. The red ones could be purpurea too but they look a bit skinny.
By KategoricalKarnivore
It’s all the same plant.
By Granpa Walt
Appears to be all one plant. The deep red pitchers appear to be older with more sun exposure.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
By Copper2
First, why is only one growth point producing new green growth? They should all be breaking dormancy if the green one has. Second, look how fat the green one is
By EGROEG
Yea, I thought they’d all be the same plant considering they came in the same pot.

I’m actually in Australia so these plants are all gonna go dormant (it’s late autumn here). Dunno why the greener division has way fatter pitchers than the others, but I should add that the other red divisions were really tiny back last year (the green plant is older), they sized up a lot this year, that’s why, I’m not sure to suspect whether they’re purpurea but look different coz they’re young, or whether they’re a different cultivar all together... perplexed...
By EGROEG
Yes, those redder pitchers were formed before the green fat ones in the middle, so it could be aging as well
By EGROEG
Hey guys, the seller got back to me and suspects they are catesbei... :)

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!