FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By MichaelG
So, this year my flytraps are doing extraordinarily well! I sprayed them with Acephate after realizing that their poor growth last year was due to a spider mite infestation which the malathion was not controlling. The acephate worked perfectly after 2 uses, and now every flytrap is putting out beautiful green blemish-free growth!

When I was looking at my plants on Friday, I pinched off two flower stalks from Big Jaws and Sawtooth. Today, I noticed that Big Jaws put up a new flower stalk right next to the stub I had pinched off, and several other plants had put up flower stalks too! I wish I could just tell them to save their energy for trap production! Even the brand new

I am only allowing one flytrap to flower- my big typical named Snappy, the original flytrap in my collection. I absolutely love that flytrap.

Anyway, I'm just excited. This is going to be the best growing season yet for my plants!
By Matt
Sounds like your plants are really ready for the growing season Michael! And without the mites, they should grow really well. Cutting the flower stalks off will allow them to put out some large traps right away, perhaps the largest of the season (I've noticed that the first traps of the year, if the flower stalk is cut off, are often the largest).

Nice!

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!