FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By hollyhock
I am looking for the best all purpose pest control. Since moving my neps and sundews inside for the winter I would like to have some kind of pest control on hand just in case. I want to be proactive and purchase something that would be a general purpose pest control effective and safe for my neps and sundews.
By dykotah
I use neem oil. Seems to be safe on all my plants. It helps with fungus also.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
By Europa_13
Please update later on how it works out, hollyhock! I haven't used that one before. I've been using neem because I already have it for my veggies and the CPs seem ok with it as a root drench. It hasn't really been long enough to know for sure, though.

I've been researching other ones lately so I'm super interested to see what you think of the Take Down. :)
By entropy81
The organic method is usually some kind of tree oil, neem or tea tree. For a non-organic approach, imidaclorpid. It's a neonicitinoid, a compound that was synthesized to be similar to the nicotine found in tobacco plants but even more effective. It's not very healthy for nature, it's been linked to things like colony collapse disorder in bees and bird deaths. But for an indoor plant (as opposed to spraying whole fields) it wouldn't hurt anything. It's systemic, so it effects the whole plant and very effective in killing virtually all bugs that try to eat the plant. Perfectly safe on all plants that I know of, I know it's safe for CP's. Total genocide on the bugs though.
Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!