FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Glenn
I get mine from California Carnivores. You can find them under the growing supplies section and they're labled as deluxe rounds pots and are the XXL size. The diameter at the top is 10 inches and the height is 8.5 inches. Also, the color may be difficult to tell from the picture but they are a dark green color.

Hope this information helps. :)
Glenn liked this
By altemar
I have been going to cancun juice and get their big foam cups about 8ish inches tall by 3 :D plus i get a smoothie haha thats where my plants will be potted when i get enough cups.
By entropy81
7-11. Get yourself a double big gulp or super big gulp cup they're like 72 ounces.
By ps3isawesome
what about this? http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/growin ... ustom-pots

I actually use the California Carnivorus pots and they are awesome, the wide of the pot is really good because the flytraps divided and quickly filled up the whole pot
By heathenpriest
Consider inexpensive wastebaskets as an option. They're usually slimmer than flower pots of the same depth. I've found reasonably attractive plastic ones for two or three dollars each. I just had to make a few small holes in the bottom, and they last two or three years before the plastic breaks down. I'm thinking about square buckets, which would last longer, and could be packed closer together with less room for seeds to fall through if I don't harvest them in time. As a decorative option, I'm looking for large bamboo, three or four inches in diameter, which hopefully would have sections that would be about the right depth.
BTW, I'd stick to white or light colors, if possible. Dark colors can really heat up in the full glaring sun VFTs love.
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!