FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By spintix
First i made the huge mistake of putting my venus flytraps in soil.. they were in it for about 2 days, and i screwed up also by using tap water. Then i went out and bought spagnum moss and perlite... thought i was going good... found out that the miracle grow brand i bought in both was horrible for them.. another 2 days.. then i put them in new spagnum moss that wasnt miracle grow version but the guys at 1 800 miracle grow or w.e there number is told me that their perlite didnt have anything in it. so i used it.. did i screw up again or what? do my plants still have a chance..
Last edited by spintix on Mon May 11, 2009 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Aging_Bourbon
spintix wrote:First i made the huge mistake of putting my venus flytraps in soil.. they were in it for about 2 days, and i screwed up also by using tap water. Then i went out and bought spagnum moss and perlite... thought i was going good... found out that the miracle grow brand i bought in both was horrible for them.. another 2 days.. then i put them in new spagnum moss that wasnt miracle grow version but the guys at 1 800 miracle grow or w.e there number is told me that their perlite didnt have anything in it. so i used it.. did i screw up again or what? do my plants still have a chance..

welcome to flytrapcare!

i would say that your plants have a 50/50 chance.. but im sure they'll recover in time.. just give them the right conditions form now on.. i would censor your post..

allen,
By NZL
Water your VFT from the top for the first weeks to flush out the liquid fertilizer that IS in miracle gro perlite. Also make sure your VFT is in a pot with drainage holes in the bottom so the water can escape.

After two weeks or so, you can put the pot in a dish and start bottom-watering (put water in the dish and let the peat soak it up)

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!