FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Dionae
I have plants from 2 different sources but they look different. I'm just wondering if environment can play a role in VFT characteristics or is it more likely to be due to mislabeling? Thanks.
By David F
What kind of characteristics, like coloration. Coloration has a lot to do with lighting. Also plants leaves will grow significantly different shapes, if improper, or unusual lighting is introduced. I have VFT that don't have any carnivorous leaves, but made huge flowers. So environmental, to traits seen is a huge factor, hope this helps.

Pictures could be awesome.
By Dionae
The coloration, shape of the plants, the way they're growing. They just dont look the same. I'll post pics shortly. Theyre both coming out of dormancy but I cant see one thing that would make me think theyre the same except they both have red on them somewhere :P .
By victor
Well VFT to grow and look differently depending on the conditon they grow in. So if you bought
them from two different sources they proabaly treated them to different conditions. (one probably worse)
But once you grow them together in the same conditions they'll eventually grow and look the same.
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as w[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!