FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
The Cephalotus Follicularis, what a great plant, i will say it again!, i can tell why everyone wants to have it in their collection! Their very delicate shape trap formation, it is unique in the world, their hairs sorrunding the trap. Is it really a plant?, or something else from a different planet?
cephs are becoming one of my favorite CP's!
I can't believe this trap hasn't open yet :(

They are certainly liking the way i keep them, and they're liking the extra humidity from the LM, taking the fact that i have them cover with a " kind of like a dome", with a hole on top, they seem to love this conditions, i thought humidity was going to be an issue, but the plant seems to love it really nicely, so i will keep it like that until that trap opens, then i will slowly introduce it to more sunlight and lower humidity, it looks like it has formed several leafs by know, that will give this ceph a boost, instead of keeping it behind. the ceph is growing in constant temps of 75F days, 70F nights, i thought they needed lower temps, but again, they seem to love the conditions i have them in( so far good results by now, but there's always a long-term result)(for now i will keep it like that, but i will give this babies the right night temp drop, other than that, i think everything is good right?)

This one was forming few weeks ago, and it opened few days ago(friday or thursday), it looks fantastic, and those teeth makes them look more unique, but that big trap still doesn't opens while this one did opened, and the other one is older, how's that?

Pinguicula Moctezumaes: They are growing into something gigantic and long, i can tell they like how i have been keeping them!!!!! Their shape of their new traps coming growing curved and up and the middle one upright, it makes them look like a bird flying
By Daniel_G
Wow! I love that Cephalotus! It definetly likes the way your growing it ;)

As for the Pinguicula, it certainly doesn't look like one, it's massive! But still very lovely, well done! :)
Daniel_G liked this
By jht-union
Thank you daniel, gothic, and victor!
The ceph is liking it, ni complains with humidity, i bet it will need it when probably it gets bigger right? but like most CP's, when they're young, they require more humidity than anything else, and then they take up nicely!
By jht-union
dantt99 wrote:The Cephalotus looks great! I'm sure it'll open very soon!
Thanks dantt99, i hope it does as well, i'm getting impatient here!
How is your doing? haven't seen updates for a while of your ceph, hope it is doing alright! :)
Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!