FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By David F
Matt wrote:
David F wrote:I'd really like to see a big mouth ish cultivar with larger dentate cilia so maybe Dentate X Bigmouth, or the other way around depending on what you would like?
I already have quite a few seedlings with large traps and dentate cilia. This is one of the best ones:
David F wrote:Maybe through something will some really good color in there and do a Maroon X Pink Venus.
I don't really understand this sentence, but Pink Venus and Maroon already color up quite nicely. Dutch also has good coloration, but it's not a deep rich color; it's more like an orange blush.
Sorry Matt, Hdhd moment there, I edited post. Lol I do that sometimes, as you may know.

The trap you have with large cilia is EXACTLY the way I was thinking it would look cool :p!
By Grey
Thanks for the responses! I certainly hope I'm able to snap up some seed before it gets sold out. My green mix are doing great and I would really love to introduce some red plants to my collection.

As for crossbreeding, personally I would love Pink Venus x Fused Tooth: could you imagine the intensity of those colours and the funky teeth if it was successful? Always loved the fused tooth! Although it doesn't appear to produce much seed, Akai Ryu is another beautiful plant and I'd love to see something x Akai Ryu. Maybe Low Giant x Akai Ryu.

So many ideas. If only there was a venus fly trap that was grey in colour then my life would be complete :lol:

While we're on the topic of seed: last years green variety seed: did you have your hands on and pollinate any wacky traps at all that you know of? One of my seedlings.. well.. its traps look very wacky - it's definately going to be something special.
By Matt
Grey wrote:last years green variety seed: did you have your hands on and pollinate any wacky traps at all that you know of?
No, not last year. I cut the flower stalk off the only Wacky Traps plant I had and put it into TC.
Grey wrote:One of my seedlings.. well.. its traps look very wacky - it's definately going to be something special.
That's great! I'd love to see some photos if you get a chance :)
By dantt99
Cupped trap disappoints me. It's a poor seeder that grows slow with small traps :(
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!