FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
GardenNub wrote:I have the same one as steve, it is awesome! Good choice JHT. My water is testing at 11-21 PPM thats good for CPs right? Should I boil it?

Edit: Its rainwater that i collected.
You have the best water ever then!!! :), below 50PPM or even at the 70PPM range(i heard in here somewhere) is fine i have heard, but better to keep it at the safe side, and used below 50PPM, but i doubt 60PPM will be bad for the plant, sounds like a good experiment to work on ;) .
By dantt99
GardenNub wrote:My water is testing at 11-21 PPM thats good for CPs right? Should I boil it?
That is fine, 50 PPM and under is fine for CP's and some people even use up to 100 PPM.
By GardenNub
I just measured another gallon of rainwater i collected at 4 ppm. Just to make sure my meter wasnt broken i also checked tap water, and it said 176, and distilled said 0. So it must be working :D
By sekler
Hey Daniel, my TDS meter is the same as yours but I got the 6$ one and I didn't mind the wait.

Very accurate, it's pretty cool. Tap water is 120ppm, distilled water is 0 ! :)
By dantt99
Cool sekler! The reason I tried to avoid the China one for 6 bucks is that I would die of anticipation waiting 2-3 weeks for it... Also, I don't always trust overseas shipping, but I'm sure it's just me :)
FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!