FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By flytrapguy
my lance leaf sundew has not been making dew. What should i do? matt told me to place it at dappled light NOT direct. but it is still not making dew. please help!
By HarrisAz
how dry u keeping it?

mine also after transplant or shipped,no dews for a week sometimes but it'll dew back once it settles.D.Adelae is always like that to me but it'll dew again.dont worry :)
By victor
Although peopl say d. adelaes are great beginners, it's just because they can adapt to different light levels very well.

So far I only have one adelae but it's growing very well. But be aware that the old leaves will not produce dew again
only the new leaves will so that will tell if your growing it alright. Also, another hint that your doing the right thing is if
the new leaf's tentacles are red.

D. adelaes like to be quite wet. This means making sure it's in standing water at all times.
Oh, and I don't mean to prove Matt wrong or anything but my d. adelaes grow with about 3 hours of direct sun per day.
victor liked this
By snapperhead51
have to agree with victor , most people treat D.adela as a cool growing plant ,and is a tropical plant , likes warm weather ,and very good humidity, and with a bit extra light will dew up very nicely , I give mine in-fact as much light as my neps and responds with masses of dew on the leafs they look quite drab in the wild in low light on the tropical ground floor
J
By victor
Also, flytrapguy I don't know where you live but if you live in the northern hemisphere
your sundew should be perking up because of the increase in light levels.
By vagabundos 91
mine sundew, drosera spathulata are dewy a lot although on the super sunny spot where my butterwort burn in that condition, they,re fine and send a flower stalk now, i think the plant are happy after being repotted into the larger pot and and more sunlight, i not sure about other species of sundew that can thrive low light condition but i sure these sundews prefer more shade than most, and can be burnt when exposed to direct sun without a period of acclimation first. When in shade, the leaves can become a foot long and green; when in more sunlight, their leaves are shorter and reddish. This sundew does best with high humidity and cool temperatures
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!