FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By bombsboy
Hey SD long time no see!.
All different plants, as they are hard to pollinate/leaf pull.
By Eric
Hey Bombsboy,
I'm currently trying my hand at germinating Drosophyllum. When the seeds germinate I'd be happy to trade them for some Filiformis. PM me if you're interested. ;)
By SDCPs
Eric wrote:Hey Bombsboy,
I'm currently trying my hand at germinating Drosophyllum. When the seeds germinate I'd be happy to trade them for some Filiformis. PM me if you're interested. ;)
Good luck! I found they germinate best in the fall.
By bombsboy
Eric wrote:Hey Bombsboy,
Thats a first time for me! Sounds great! :D
Never had drosophila, heard they are hard to germinate! good luck!!!
Which kind? Tracii or Filliformis?
Leaf cuttings okay? Of full flowering plants? up to you, id rather do leaf cuttings, more plants!
By Eric
bombsboy wrote: Thats a first time for me! Sounds great! :D
Never had drosophila, heard they are hard to germinate! good luck!!!
Which kind? Tracii or Filliformis?
Leaf cuttings okay? Of full flowering plants? up to you, id rather do leaf cuttings, more plants!
I'd prefer a full flowering plant of Tracyi if its alright with you. (I always get bad luck with leaf cuttings. :? ) By the way, I have a pot of Capensis that I wouldn't mind trading as well. Most of them are flowering size, but they're a bit small right now since I left them in the shade during winter. I'll post pics in the morning.
By Eric
Here's a pic.
IMG_1876.JPG
IMG_1876.JPG (64.07 KiB) Viewed 5576 times
I also have a redder capensis if you want that instead.
IMG_1879.JPG
IMG_1879.JPG (35.12 KiB) Viewed 5576 times
By bombsboy
Thanks for the pictures, those would be nice to trade, or some cuttings!
By Eric
Sounds great! How does trading cuttings work? Do you just send a leaf in the mail or do you make the leaf form plantlets and then send it? I'm not very famililiar with trading cuttings. Also, what kind of Drosera Binata do you have, I might be interested in that. ;)
By bombsboy
Eric wrote:Sounds great! How does trading cuttings work? Do you just send a leaf in the mail or do you make the leaf form plantlets and then send it? I'm not very famililiar with trading cuttings. Also, what kind of Drosera Binata do you have, I might be interested in that. ;)
IF you live at anehiem CA, you might as well come over to my house lol. I live in Orange.
If you ever ship cuttings, i like to wrap them in moist tissue paper, inside a plastic bag. Treat them like plants! Send it in a box, not an envelope, as it is too risky i beleive! :D
By Eric
Alright, I'll tell you when the leaf and root cuts starts producing plantlets. :) What kind of Drosera Binata do you have? I think I'm pretty interested in that. ;)
By bombsboy
Just typical binata, several rooted root cuttings with dewy leavs about 1 inch across!
By bombsboy
Keep your eyes on this post as new plants will be added constantly. I am beggining tissue culture and will trade flasked cultures soon, of darlingtonia and various nepenthes! Or whatever you want that I have on my growlist I can TC it! Darlingtonia seeds are up, for limited availability. Packs of 50 (?) will be up for trade/sale.
Thanks for looking ;)
By BradR
bombsboy wrote:I am beggining tissue culture and will trade flasked cultures soon, of darlingtonia and various nepenthes! Or whatever you want that I have on my growlist I can TC it!
I like your confidence Bombsboy. :)

Brad
BradR liked this

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!