FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By quatchi
I bought a D. paradoxa today, and was wondering if anyone could pass on some info in regards to humidity, light, and temperature. I figure it's similar to D. lanata, which I'm currently growing. The main difference is humidity. It's currently in conditions with:
Humidity: 40-65%
Temps: 15-25 C (60-77 F)
Light: 16 hour photoperiod, 2x23watt CFL's, about 6-8 inches away.

I've heard these dews need high humidity to do well. If they do, what are some ways I can get the high humidity needed without any expensive options?

Thanks for your input!

Mauro
By sekler
Depending of the soil you are using, I find that long fiber moss helps a lot to increase humidity around plants. Either use it as growing media or as a topping. The saucer method also helps but it depends too if those like a high amount of water.

Some of my plants do so since they grow together the humidity level is raised around and in the room. Otherwise I'm considering myself to get a cold mist humidifier. Most of them are cheap and last quite a long time. This way you ensure even more to not have too much fluctuation at different times of the day.

Good luck!
sekler liked this
By stitz25b
i think this plant loves humidity although it can adapt to lower humidity like drosera adelae keep the soil quite moist an the more light the better
stitz25b liked this
By stitz25b
u can cut a drink bottle and put it over the plant for additional humidity
By HarrisAz
i keep my paradoxa in fullsun(27c-45c),water is half way from the pot(pot is 5inch high and water level is 2-3inch).fullsun makes their stems to go very red and will dew great.

wont go dormant unless receiving too less sunlight or temperature drop.

easy to propagate too,just pull the stem including the white part,sow like vft leaf pulling and it will grow and mature in 6months if keep in fullsun and no temp drop.if theres temp drop or low sun/light,it'll take a year maybe for mature form leaf :)

Harris
By victor
Where exactly did you purchse the plant???
Basal shoots cutting questions

Awesome thank you so much

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!