FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
Ok,
Thanks for telling me, so i will just keep them all for 1 week period in my room getting sun ffilter throught the window, next week gradually introducing them to direct sun + the hours if filter sun, then at the end of the 2nd week they will be ready to go.
Thanks matt!
By Steve_D
dantt99 wrote:Cool, but what happened to the company, did he just get tired of running it?
Bob (Hanrahan) is an older man (like me) and there have been a few issues other than his "carnivorous plantations" that have needed his attention. He is now happily retired, having spent a substantial portion of his life growing and promoting carnivorous plants. The present state of things among humans in the carnivorous plant world is built upon the past activities and accomplishments of such people as Bob Hanrahan and Bob Ziemer (another carnivorous-plant legend, although they might object to the use of that word). I'm grateful for everything both those Bob's have done for carnivorous plants and for all of us. :D
By K-Gutz
dantt99 wrote:
Matt wrote:they look much smaller than they will in a month or so.
Matt wrote:I'm slightly worried that I put things in stock too soon and that some people won't be happy with the apparent size of the plants...even though they'll be much larger once they fully break dormancy in a month or so. I think I might wait longer to put stuff in stock next season.
The only reason that I disagree with you is that shipping semi-dormant plants will cause less disturbance to their growing, because if you send them while they are in full growth, they will stop growing for a bit. I think that shipping plants as they emerge from dormancy is a good idea, because they will have time to settle in their new homes, then they'll be ready for growing! :D
I would have to agree that shipping them dormant is a good idea. Take me for example i live in Minnesota the weather won't get nice enough for plants to come out of dormancy for possibly another month you just never know what the weather is going to do this time of year one day it might be 45F and the next day it might snow 5'' so getting a plant that isn't coming out of dormancy yet is a good thing. :)
By Grey
I would simply LOVE to order from FlyTrapStore.com but alas I can't. The certficiate fees and shipping would cost way more than my order (I'm nearly out of space anyway).

If I'm fast enough I might be able to get some red venus fly trap seed when its in stock.. one can wish!
By HarrisAz
Grey wrote:I would simply LOVE to order from FlyTrapStore.com but alas I can't. The certficiate fees and shipping would cost way more than my order (I'm nearly out of space anyway).

If I'm fast enough I might be able to get some red venus fly trap seed when its in stock.. one can wish!
same here.i wish this paperworks cost cheaper and doesnt need face to face declaration(Custom office hours away :()
FTS sell this plants at a very good price!lucky for americans :)
By dantt99
Matt, I was checking my email, and the tracking you sent me, and surprisingly the package you sent with my flytraps is "Processed thru San Diego and being delivered to it's destination." YES! They're supposed to get here today :)
By Matt
dantt99 wrote:Matt, I was checking my email, and the tracking you sent me, and surprisingly the package you sent with my flytraps is "Processed thru San Diego and being delivered to it's destination." YES! They're supposed to get here today :)
Awesome! Yeah, I think that USPS Priority Mail usually is delivered in 2 to 3 days, with the deliveries taking 2 days being the states close to the shipping origin. So when I ship from here in southern Oregon, I'd imagine that it would get to any location in Oregon, Washington or California in a couple of days (maybe even Nevada and Idaho if the destination is a major city).

Good luck with the potting :)
By HarrisAz
pics Dan,pics :)

bsure for the pics :)
By David F
Well I setting myself a personal goal, I can either get a tarantula (Brachypelma Boehmei) or I can get, VFT cultivar big mouth from the FTS, but I can only get one! DUN DUN dun dun....
We will have to see what my mother says, or maybe I won't tell her (tehe) any suggestions?
By dmagnan
David F wrote:Well I setting myself a personal goal, I can either get a tarantula (Brachypelma Boehmei) or I can get, VFT cultivar big mouth from the FTS, but I can only get one! DUN DUN dun dun....
You can get a tarantula for that cheap? That's horrifying and awesome. I would have thought they would cost more.

I wonder how my girlfriend would react to a tarantula.....

(not well)
By DTDream18
Incredible ... I ordered my plants on Friday night and received them on Monday afternoon. And I live in New Jersey. The Red Piranha's are great ! Exactly what I was looking for. They're going to be awesome when they grow out !
By dantt99
Matt wrote:Good luck with the potting :)
Thanks Matt, but I already potted them :) THANKS SO MUCH for the extra Red Piranha, you must have known that was my favorite clone, or you just had extra of that one :lol:
HarrisAz wrote:pics Dan,pics :)

bsure for the pics :)
I'm loading tons of pics up right after I finish this post :)
DTDream18 wrote:Incredible ... I ordered my plants on Friday night and received them on Monday afternoon. And I live in New Jersey. The Red Piranha's are great ! Exactly what I was looking for. They're going to be awesome when they grow out !
Awesome, you got yours today too :D Pics?
Thanks for the extra plant Matt! :D
By Wahter
I received my second order (Matt must be one busy guy - these orders get processed within 24 hours and even though I'm on the East Coast, they arrive in 2-3 days). This time I ordered:

Dana's/ Daina's Delight Pitcher Plant
Judith Hindle Pitcher Plant

Hope they make it; for some odd reason, I've had trouble with these two hybrids before when I kept them in smaller pots; I'm trying a bigger pot this time.

Walter
By David F
I ordered One 'Big Mouth' and one 'Dutch Delight'. From the FTS, I hope to see them soon, I'll post picks when I get them and plant them :).

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Hey gang! So I think the humidifier I have is goi[…]

Not what you would expect...

Nothing to do with the condiment cup/urine sample.[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!