FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Submit a photo to enter the contest or vote for your favorite photo submission

Moderator: Matt

Do you /Have you, voted for your own plant in the contests?

Yes
75%
No
25%
By yinepu
Oblivion wrote:if its mostly a 'photo contest' i should be able to post pics of my dog, my pond + lily's, a beautiful sunset...
Not really.. every "photo" contest I have seen does have a "category" or "categories" as specified in the rules or guidelines for that competition.. if it has more than one, it is usually broken down.. like "Sunsets".. "People".. "Nature".. "Abstracts".. etc..
since this is CP website it's only natural that the "category" of the photo contest would be CPs.. but the main focus for judging the competition would still be the quality of the photos which were entered.. not for the "prettiest" plant. (as per http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/fourt ... t9488.html "Photo Contest Rules:
1. One carnivorous plant photo submission per user; your submission is final.").. so only CP photos would be permitted.
By David F
I agree, whatever makes the photo "of a CP" unique/beautiful/artistic will be most likely voted for. Not neccersarily based on the quality of said plant, but a healthy plant adds beauty in itself! :)
By BigEasy
yinepu wrote:
Oblivion wrote:if its mostly a 'photo contest' i should be able to post pics of my dog, my pond + lily's, a beautiful sunset...
Not really.. every "photo" contest I have seen does have a "category" or "categories" as specified in the rules or guidelines for that competition.. if it has more than one, it is usually broken down.. like "Sunsets".. "People".. "Nature".. "Abstracts".. etc..
since this is CP website it's only natural that the "category" of the photo contest would be CPs.. but the main focus for judging the competition would still be the quality of the photos which were entered.. not for the "prettiest" plant. (as per http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/fourt ... t9488.html "Photo Contest Rules:
1. One carnivorous plant photo submission per user; your submission is final.").. so only CP photos would be permitted.
Well something could be done like this where there is a "theme" with your CP in it.

Ex. Like Oblivion said,A photo with your CP and a sunset or holiday theme or something like that.

its just a thought to add more specific creativity to the contest. it tests your creativity and ingenuity.
By dmagnan

it is a CP forum, so it should be more about the CP really (imho)
LOL I agree. I put at least 80% emphasis on the plant. If a photo is really well done (light, composition, etc.), that will positively affect my impression, regardless of whether I want it to or not. But if I can detect any obvious manipulation at all besides resizing, that plant doesn't get my vote. I'm interested in the plants, not photoshop skills.

Just one more opinion.
Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!