FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Submit a photo to enter the contest or vote for your favorite photo submission

Moderator: Matt

Do you /Have you, voted for your own plant in the contests?

Yes
75%
No
25%
By Oblivion
does anyone vote for their own plants in the contest?

i dont care either way, but im just curious as to how many do it, thought of it a minute ago as an interesting side-poll :geek:
By BigEasy
Oblivion wrote:does anyone vote for their own plants in the contest?

i dont care either way, but im just curious as to how many do it, thought of it a minute ago as an interesting side-poll :geek:
Well, yeah, I thought that is why we have three votes ? :?:

I pose this question to you, " During a presidential election, does a candidate vote for his opponent ?" :shock:

Now that you have me thinking !

The next question I ask you is" Does anyone use one vote to vote for themselves and then does not use their other votes ?"

I, for one, do use my other votes to vote on other people.

Either way, there are people, who do not put a picture in, that vote as well and do not have any bias toward a photo and I
believe those are the tie breakers.

But, if there is an inequity here. Then, allowing 4 votes and voting requires 4 check boxes to be checked. Would get the
same desired effect. Unless Matt has a way of not letting people vote for their own picture.
By dantt99
I vote for mine always, and I also for sure vote for at least 1 other person's plant pic too :)!
I submitted 2 votes this time ;)
By HarrisAz
i admit!
i do vote for myself.but since now we can cast votes,one for me and two for others haha but before,i vote for myself only since only one vote can be cast muahahahah :)
By JimsPlants
A good question Glenn. When i first thought about it, i was thinking it would be wrong to vote for your own entry.

The very first FTC contest i entred i was pondering it, and decided i would look through all the photos and vote for my favourite, which happened to be mine :) For the second competition i entrered i went with the same approach and voted for my fav pic, which wasn't my entry so i didn't vote for myself. So in short, i would only vote for myself if it was one of my top three favourite photos.

This time i will do the same, look at all the photos and pick my top three based on only the photos themselves. I think people should vote for their favourite and best looking photos, that way we will have fairer results and a better contest.

I also think it should be forced that you must vote for three photos, otherwise people will only vote once for their own submission.
By yinepu
If I had a photo in the contest I wouldn't have voted for mine...
I vote for the most artistic..
if a pic is over exposed or out of focus it gets passed over
and considering my photographic skills (which are about 0) I would never vote for mine as I would always vote for the best of the bunch
By jht-union
I voted for myself, if one puts a photo on the contest is because one expects to win, or just for fun, but i think everybody thinks that their photo is the best, and that's why we vote for our pics! :), so definitely one should vote for his pics, and then the others, i'm guessing that's why matt/steve put 3 options, because with one vote one votes for his pics! :)
By moof
Interesting, I didn't start yet in the contest but I will participate dor sure one day, on the polish forums voting on your own entry is not allowed:)

Peter
By BigEasy
moof wrote:Interesting, I didn't start yet in the contest but I will participate dor sure one day, on the polish forums voting on your own entry is not allowed:)

Peter
I dont mind not voting for myself, i am just avoiding the inequity that might be put on me if I were to trust in the honor system.

Know what i mean?
By moof
Well the voting system here is interesting, on other forums everyone has got only one vote. But as you can vote for up to 3 entries then it's not that bad if you vote for yourself

Peter
By David F
My question does anyone "vote for a photo they think doesn't have a chance, so all the others that might have a chance, don't get that vote?" :)
By jht-union
David F wrote:My question does anyone "vote for a photo they think doesn't have a chance, so all the others that might have a chance, don't get that vote?"
That would be no honest at all, and members are not showing the FTC spirit LOL. That would be bad, and i think is not fair for the people that really took the time taking the pics, for example, i took about 62 pictures to just choose 1 photo of all 62 pics, and i think my pic is great because it took me several days to take that pic like i wanted to be, even if i win or don't win, is just for fun!, but choosing pics that are definitely ugly because you don't want the person that really put a good pic to win that's just very immature.
I voted for quatchi photo because that drosera burmanii is just awesome and very dewy, my other vote was for jonh(snapperhead) because i just love seeing pics of his pitchers, and that lowii was just awesome, there were quite a q few cephs that i liked, but since there were so many pics of cephs this contest( and lots of good pics), i just didn't choose any because it didn't impress me at all, and the last one, my vote for my scarlet belle, because the pic is just perfect, it has the right color, is just the right pic, at least i think! :)
By dantt99
That would be bs. I hope nobody does that! :o I don't think anyone would though :|
Anyway, I voted for my pic and PeatMoss' Cephalotus :)
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!