FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

News, sales and Announcements about the FlytrapStore

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D

Flytrap Store News, FlytrapStore.com
Steve Doonan, reporter :D

The Flytrap Store Lab (plant micropropagation and sterile tissue culture program of FlytrapStore.com) is pleased to announce two developments--
  • Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants are now available for shipment outside the United States in sterile tissue-culture containers, at FlytrapStore.com International
  • Two very rare Venus Flytrap clones, 'Wacky Traps' and 'Korean Melody Shark,' have undergone a successful initial propagation in tissue culture
Sterile Plant Cultures Available for International Shipment

Shipment of live plants internationally, and especially carnivorous plants, some of which are on national or international endangered species lists, is made more difficult by sometimes complex and rather cumbersome paperwork, forms and fees associated with export and import, plant inspections, waiting periods, etc. However, plants created using sterile tissue culture techniques are exempt from many of the obstacles normally present when shipping live plants, and the expedited and less costly process makes the shipment of plants in sterile tissue-culture containers practical and allows some rare plants to be obtainable by interested persons almost anywhere on Earth.

The Flytrap Store Lab is pleased to now be able to offer some Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants as sterile cultures in the International section of FlytrapStore.com.

The plants currently offered for sale as sterile cultures for international shipment (not for shipment within the United States) include--

Venus Flytraps in sterile culture-- B52, Bohemian Garnet, Trichterfalle, WIP Slim Snapper, Low Giant, Pink Venus, UK Sawtooth II, Southwest Giant, Shark's Teeth, Megatraps, Long Red Fingers, Holland Red, Grun, Fuzzy Tooth, Dingley Giant, Cupped Trap, Bristletooth, Big Vigorous, Red Piranha, Vigorous, Spider, Sawtooth, Royal Red, Paradisia, Fused Tooth, Dutch Delight, Dutch, Creeping Death, Clayton's Red Sunset, Big Mouth, Akay Ryu, Green Dragon, Clumping Form, Dentate Traps and more

Other Plants in sterile culture-- Cephalotus follicularis, Heliamphora minor, Heliamphora nutans, Drosera regia, Drosera slackii, Drosera spatulata 'Ruby Slippers,' and Drosera rotundifolia

Rare Venus Flytraps Propagated, Auctions at Ebay

The success of the Flytrap Store Lab in establishing several very rare Venus Flytrap clones in tissue culture has produced an initial small number of plants that will be auctioned at eBay periodically (see links to current eBay auctions below) until a greater number of plants can be propagated and offered for distribution and sale at FlytrapStore.com. These rare Venus Flytraps include two official cultivars (plants that have been registered with the International Carnivorous Plant Society) named 'Wacky Traps' and 'Korean Melody Shark.'

More information about these two Venus Flytrap cultivars, as well as photo galleries of the plants, can be found at FlytrapCare.com at the following links--

Wacky Traps Korean Melody Shark Ebay Auctions of Rare Venus Flytraps

The limited number of 'Wacky Traps' and 'Korean Melody Shark' Venus Flytraps that have been produced by the Flytrap Store Lab tissue culture program so far will be auctioned one at a time at eBay to be able to allow the greatest number of interested persons the opportunity to acquire one of these rare and very unusual Venus Flytraps. Direct links to the current auctions are below; our eBay username is flytrapstore --

'Wacky Traps' and 'Korean Melody Shark' eBay Auctions We are grateful for and share the enthusiasm and interest many people have in Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants. Thank you for your support and for reading this edition of The Flytrap Store News.

Best wishes, --Steve Doonan & Matt Miller, FlytrapStore.com
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!