FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By GardenNub
Hey guys,
So I went to the horticultural greenhouse at my school today to get my hands a little dirty. I ended up doing some cuttings of various plants.It was fun to learn a couple new things, but I also went with the intent of buying some CPs afterwords. My teacher who manages the greenhouse was so kind to give me these two new plants just for helping out! And next week I get to go back and pot up some CPs that are in a bog right now. I cant wait. Anyways heres the two new plants. Let me know what you think, and just to be more certain myself, is this a drosera capensis? and what type of butterwort if you know?

Also, I have them each in their own little dish with about 1/2 inch of water around the pots. Does that seem like a good setup to keep em moist but not too wet? Heres a pic of the drosera to see how close i have it to the light. The butterwort is lower because of its long flower stalks.

You can also see my vft and drosera venusta there in the front. I just set them up in that container with 1/2 inch of water to keep those moist.
By jht-union
Yes, you can separate them, the pot looks like it has 5 in it, but it might have more!, good luck, and i just send you a PM.
jht-union liked this
By Grey
Ahhh lovely.. that Pinguicula is a temperate variety (which should actually be coming out of dormancy right now, but it looks like it didn't have one or has quickly emerged from its hibernacula) and is either a P. Primuliflora or a P. Grandiflora. The flower looks more like it belongs to a Primuliflora though.

They are both beautiful! Good luck raising them and I hope you enjoy their splendor =].
Grey liked this
By yinepu
Congrats on the new additions.. I got a p. primiliflora the other day which looks like the leaves could have been burnt.. I've also heard they can be a bit picky about their growing conditions.
What were the conditions for yours when you got it? I've read where some people swear the crown will rot in a heartbeat and others have said they like to be soaking wet (even submerged at times)... so.. lol.. I have no idea which is right
By GardenNub
Well where I got it they were just soaking in about a half inch or maybe a little more of water. Some of them were planted in straight peat moss in the water while the few that were for sale were in pots, but they were all soaking. Everyone on here probably knows more about their requirements than me though lol.

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!