FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By GardenNub
Hey, so my VFT is lookin great! The sundew however seems to be suffering. It got browning of some of the leaves, and i hat to cut a couple of them off. And i cut the flower stalk to try to propagate new ones. I think it may be in too small of a pot and being clay got dry real fast. Though the VFT is in the same size pot. Anyway heres pics of them as an update. what do u think bout the drosera?

Oh and im gettin bigger pots for both of them soon. Might just keep em in 1 big pot.
GardenNub liked this
By hackerberry
The vft is loving it, the drosera however is still adjusting. The new leaves should be just fine. If the browning continues, I would suggest partially covering it so that the humidity helps the plant adjust and gradually introducing the plant to room humidity.

hb
hackerberry liked this
By GardenNub
Its been under the light for i think 2 weeks already, though im not sure. Its a 2 ft 4 bulb T5 fluorescent light. (96 watts, 8000 lumen total) and i have the plants about 3 inches away from it. Oh also the drosera has some dew on a couple of its leaves, and sometimes i will see the dew and sometimes there wont be any. Does this still sound like just a humidity issue?
By jht-union
Give the drosera more time to adapt, it probably need more humidity as they need to retain the dew on their hairs, the VFT looks really healthy! :)
By GardenNub
OK im gonna put something on top of it to hold in the humidity. Thanks for the advice guys! Ill keep you updated.

Oh and be on the lookout, im gonna have some a couple more nice lookin CPs. The greenhouse my class is in has a few they are sellin pretty cheap (I think to keep the bog from overcrowding.) Im gonna post more pics of the bog and my new CPs when i get them.
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!