FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By Idontkno23
Hi everyone, after about a week of *finally* warm weather here in Texas, I bring you my first flower stalks of the season :D.

Enjoy, sorry for being gone for a while :).
By dantt99
Wow! That Drosera at the bottom is spectacular! Glad to see you back on the forums again! :D
By Idontkno23
dantt99 wrote:Wow! That Drosera at the bottom is spectacular! Glad to see you back on the forums again! :D
Thanks Dantt. :) It is a Nitidula x Puchella.
By Jaws
Yeah very nice sundew.
By Steve_D
Nice to have you back, Idontkno23! The plants look great. For the photos, just adjust the "white balance" to get rid of the artificial blue color cast. Looking good! I hope you hang around and post more, especially now that the new growing season is about to start in the northern hemisphere. Yippee, winter is almost over (as far as the plants are concerned). :)
By Idontkno23
Steve_D wrote:Nice to have you back, Idontkno23! The plants look great. For the photos, just adjust the "white balance" to get rid of the artificial blue color cast. Looking good! I hope you hang around and post more, especially now that the new growing season is about to start in the northern hemisphere. Yippee, winter is almost over (as far as the plants are concerned). :)
I'd like to say it's the cameras color problem, but it's actually grey and dreary outside. :\. My phone doesn't have many camera options in the first place :p

Edit: Oh okay! I found the cloudy option on my phone xD, sadly it reduced the image quality a bit :|. Tried to replicate the image angles

By Steve_D
That looks great! The colors are realistic now, and the photos are really nice (especially for a phone camera--they're getting better all the time. Shoot, phones can do almost anything now: camera, mp3 player, probably streaming, live webcam or video phone calls). Don't laugh, I'm way behind on cell phone technology: haven't bought one yet, am a real luddite about it so far.
By jht-union
Another sign winter is almost over, that means we in the east coast will start to experience the hot winds that always com from the south! :) , growing season come fast now!

great pics!
By Idontkno23
Steve_D wrote:That looks great! The colors are realistic now, and the photos are really nice (especially for a phone camera--they're getting better all the time. Shoot, phones can do almost anything now: camera, mp3 player, probably streaming, live webcam or video phone calls). Don't laugh, I'm way behind on cell phone technology: haven't bought one yet, am a real luddite about it so far.
Hah, don't worry about it.. I'm discovering new things about my phone every day.
By victor
Very nice plants!

Is the sarracenia a rubra?
By Idontkno23
victor wrote:Very nice plants!

Is the sarracenia a rubra?
S. 'White Sparkler', very similar to a S. Leucophylla
By dantt99
Idontkno23 wrote:S. 'White Sparkler'
So is it a S. Leucophylla "White Sparkler", or what is the cross, species, etc?
By Idontkno23
dantt99 wrote:
Idontkno23 wrote:S. 'White Sparkler'
So is it a S. Leucophylla "White Sparkler", or what is the cross, species, etc?
"Sarracenia ‘Fireworks’ was one of the hybrids I created by crossing a female S. rubra subsp. jonesii x purpurea with pollen from a heavily red-pigmented form of S. leucophylla.

Plants of this cultivar are sold under the trade-mark Sarracenia ‘White Sparkler’™ "

Full text found at http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/Sp ... #fireworks
Idontkno23, Idontkno23 liked this
By victor
I think white sparkler and firework are both gorgeous.
Although I think all leuciphylla's are stunning.
By Daniel_G
Beautiful! I love that Sarracenia, and the Drosera look's great too!
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!