Moderator: Matt

Help Name this Flytrap Store VFT?

FTS Scarlet Vixen
37%
FTS Temptress
15%
FTS Crimson Crusher
41%
NONE OF THOSE! I'll make my suggestion below!
7%
By jht-union
There's many good names, but yes, the fight is between FTS " Scarlet Vixen" and FTS "Crimson Crusher" , if i had to decide between the two, FTS " Scarlet Vixen"! :)
By Steve_D
OK-- I'll add a poll to this discussion thread. Thanks, Dantt99 and jht-union (FTS "Regia Jht-union" still has a nice ring to it.) :)
By jht-union
Steve_D wrote: (FTS "Regia Jht-union" still has a nice ring to it.)
I like it too, and not because that's my nickname in here, it sounds like B52 or the mother/ father of B52 A2, FTS" Regia Jht-union" sounds something alike to it! :)
By Steve_D
yinepu's "FTS Scarlet Vixen" is way ahead in the poll so far, with 4 votes before I added "FTS Temptress" to the poll (which reset the votes) and 2 votes after, for a total of 6 votes for FTS "Scarlet Vixen" versus 1 for FTS "Crimson Crusher" and none so far for FTS Temptress.

So it looks like FTS Scarlet Vixen is the favorite so far.
By dantt99
Steve_D wrote:4 votes before I added "FTS Temptress" to the poll (which reset the votes) and 2 votes after, for a total of 6 votes for FTS "Scarlet Vixen"
I realize that people can vote again after you reset the poll, so it could be 4 people, and then 2 of those people re-voted after the poll was reset.... :(
By Steve_D
dantt99 wrote:and then 2 of those people re-voted after the poll was reset....
That's true, and that would be very important if this were a vote that needed to have complete integrity and be beyond reproach, so that its results could be trusted as absolutely accurate.

But instead it's just an informal poll to get an idea of names people like. I personally do like FTS Scarlet Vixen, and that may be the name this Venus Flytrap ends up with, unless Matt or I care to change it to FTS Sir Chompsalot or something. :D It's great to hear everyone's suggestions, because naming a plant can be hard unless one is willing to be either dryly technical ("Lot 5 #2") or silly (FTS "Froggy Breath" or anything that pops into one's mind). :D

I kind of like Sir Chompsalot. :) But not for this particular plant. Thanks for all your suggestions and your participation, Daniel. :)
By jht-union
I like FTS " Scarlet Vixen" , but i like FTS " Scarlet Dragon" better, it makes it sounds more interesting! and since the traps are big and maroon, its a good representation of a dragon( big, red, strong, the best of all) :) . After all steve/matt are the ones that choose the names for their plants, and they don't have to choose what we are suggesting, so is up to them. Buena suerte escogiendo el nombre, espero que sea algo llamativo e interesante, algo que rime, y que tenga sentido a la vez, algo unico, pero tambien algo del otro mundo nunca escuchado! :)
By Steve_D
jht-union wrote: i like FTS " Scarlet Dragon" better
I would like that name a lot if Dragon weren't already used for Red Dragon and Green Dragon. With "dragon" in the name, it sounds like a reference to one of those other two (and I'm personally not fond of either of them), as though perhaps one of them were a parent or something. In truth, I suspect that this particular plant is a cross between Pink Venus and Low Giant. It sure looks that way to me. Anyway, we'll keep thinking of names, and may use "Scarlet Vixen." Thanks for helping so much, jht-union.

Gracias por ayudarnos a buscar un nombre para esta planta tan bonita. :)
Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!