FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By yinepu
I am getting a fogger in a few days for my orchids.. and well.. I got to wondering..
Are there any CPs that would benefit from a fogger?
Has anyone here used a fogger for their CPs? If you have, which CPs did you use it on and how did it work out?
thanks!
By Matt
yinepu wrote:Are there any CPs that would benefit from a fogger?
I'm pretty sure that those Cephalotus you got would like to have a fogger. As would almost any species of Heliamphora.
yinepu wrote:Has anyone here used a fogger for their CPs? If you have, which CPs did you use it on and how did it work out?
I've not used one, but I've seen photos and videos of people using them with their Heliamphora.
Matt liked this
By yinepu
Matt wrote: I'm pretty sure that those Cephalotus you got would like to have a fogger. As would almost any species of Heliamphora.

I've not used one, but I've seen photos and videos of people using them with their Heliamphora.
Ok.. I'll see how this one fares with my orchids.. then probably order another for the Cephs.. Any idea of the duration for the fog? I was thinking about using it for 1 minute / per hour for the orchids. Then adjusting it from there. I picked up a timer that does minute increments.. so should be good to go for them.
By moof
I'm using a fogger since 2 years, works great. I use it 5minutes per day, but a fan is needed to spread the fog in the entire terrarium. Using it on a windowsill, or any other place outside the terrarium is unfortunately pointless, it didn't raise the humidity.

Peter
moof liked this
By yinepu
moof wrote:I'm using a fogger since 2 years, works great. I use it 5minutes per day, but a fan is needed to spread the fog in the entire terrarium. Using it on a windowsill, or any other place outside the terrarium is unfortunately pointless, it didn't raise the humidity.

Peter
Thanks for the info.
My Cephs are in a terrarium.. my Orchids are on shelves that are enclosed with plastic (kind of like an indoor greenhouse). I was going to place the fogger either on the top shelf and let the fog drift down.. or on a middle shelf and just leave their fan turned on. Figured I would see which way they liked it the best.

Which plants are you using the fogger on?
By moof
I'm using it for utricularia, genlisea and south-american sundews. Works good when I'm not home, the fogger runs on a scheduled time each day.

Peter
moof liked this
Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

Drosera germination time

Hello everyone - I recently got some D. burmanni[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!