FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By dantt99
Hi all! I just ordered this TDS Meter: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 980wt_1139 . I wanted to let you know. I would also love it if you could post a link of your TDS Meter so that I can see what all the different ones are like. I would have bought the 6 dollar ones, but I'm not one to wait a month for something :lol:. Thanks for looking :D
By dantt99
Thanks guys! I know all of them are similar, I just wanted to see what you guys had! Please, more TDS meters!
dantt99 liked this
By Grey
Mine is out of stock, but I bought it from Amazon (www.amazon.co.uk). It was a little more expensive than I'd have liked but it was either that or, like you Daniel, wait weeks and weeks for shipping lol.
By Jaws
dantt99 wrote:Thanks guys! I know all of them are similar, I just wanted to see what you guys had! Please, more TDS meters!
I meant the colouration :)
By yinepu
I have this one around here somewhere.. it's from when I had my saltwater tanks.. no idea if my husband loaned it out of if it got packed away when I broke down all the tanks. http://www.marinedepot.com/HM_Digital_H ... MI-vi.html

So next week I'll probably go for one of the ebay ones, unless I can find my old one within the next few days.
By dantt99
Grey wrote:Mine is out of stock, but I bought it from Amazon (www.amazon.co.uk). It was a little more expensive than I'd have liked but it was either that or, like you Daniel, wait weeks and weeks for shipping lol.
I was thinking about doing Amazon. The only problem was that the only one that looked good was 25 bucks. I was tempted, because of free 2 day Prime shipping and all. I decided I could wait until Monday for my meter, anyhow I'm gone until Sunday night :D
Thanks for all the posting!
By dantt99
My meter came :D! It's working well, and It tests very accurate. Tap water is 456 PPM, the water we buy from the water store in bulk is 4 PPM, and this other water we've had in the past, it's 80 PPM. Now I don't have to buy distilled water for a buck a gallon! Just get it out of our water holder from the water store :D
By dantt99
jht-union wrote:you're very lucky, i order one from china, those cheap ones, and it never came , do they sell TDS meters at lowes, i have never seen one?
It never came, did you complain? I doubt they sell them at Lowe's.... You should try the one I got. It came in a few days, plus it's very accurate, and awesome! :D
By jht-union
i will probably buy one this spring, i did not complaint as i was really busy doing other stuff, the price was cheap like $6, a lesson to all of you, never expect good in cheap things, better go for the big fish next time :D
By dantt99
Awesome jht! Can't wait to see how your water tests out! :)
By GardenNub
I have the same one as steve, it is awesome! Good choice JHT. My water is testing at 11-21 PPM thats good for CPs right? Should I boil it?

Edit: Its rainwater that i collected.

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!