FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By DTDream18
Just wanted to throw in a plug for Conner's Carnivores. I took a chance and E-mailed him request for some B52 VFT's last week. I really didn't think there would be anything available.
But David Conner was kind enough to offer me some dormant divisions off what he said was the "original mother plant." Which I grabbed up right away ! I purchased 2 B52's which arrived today. One is very nice and the 2nd one is a monster. And the price of the plants was extremely reasonable.

Matt or Steve ... Should I assume that the plants were divisions from the very first B52 VFT ? Mr Conner did say that they we're divisions from the "Original mother plant".

David Conner was also nice enough to include a nice Sawtooth VFT at no charge. In the meantime I'm still waiting for two B52 Flytraps that I ordered from Carnivorous Plant Nursery
over a week before purchasing from Mr. Conner.

Conner's Carnivores is now my 2nd favorite source of beautiful VFT's, right behind Flytrapstore.Com ... And i really mean it !
By Matt
I was just in email communication with David Conner this week and he commented that he was packing up some divisions of his mother plants to ship out. It's kind of neat to know who got them :)
DTDream18 wrote:Matt or Steve ... Should I assume that the plants were divisions from the very first B52 VFT ? Mr Conner did say that they we're divisions from the "Original mother plant".
Not likely. I believe that Henning von Schmeling sent David divisions of the original B52. But it doesn't really matter because all B52s are genetically identical, so you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from the original plant or any subsequent division, of which there are now thousands...thanks in large part to David Conner :)
DTDream18 wrote:Conner's Carnivores is now my 2nd favorite source of beautiful VFT's, right behind Flytrapstore.Com ... And i really mean it !
David is a good guy and has nice plants and you know that they're the real deal if you get them from him.
By DTDream18
That's one of the main reasons I like buying plants from David Conner and Flytrapstore. You know you're getting the real deal ! Plus the service is outstanding from both. And the plants I've gotten from both sources have never dissapointed me to say the least !
By victor
They probably started off with one B52.Like every other VFT over the years it divides and produces plantlets. So when they say divisons from a mother plant thats probably what they mean.
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!