FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By dantt99
Well, I'm at Science class now, and our teacher just assigned us to make a travel brochure for a national park. What national parks have any CPs in them? :roll: :? :?:
By PitcherPlanter
At the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore there are Sarracenia purpurea, Drosera rotundifolia, Utricularia cornuta, Utricularia gibba. and Utricularia macrorhiza... I don't know if it qualifies as a 'National Park' though.....
PitcherPlanter liked this
By jht-union
You can certainly do Lake Waccamaw National Park, and it has the only place with the Venus Flytrap, with sarracenias, droseras, pinguiculas, utricularias. So this sounds like a good idea to me!

Good luck with the project, hope the teacher is nice with you and gives you an A+! :lol:
jht-union liked this
By dantt99
Aww, crap! I can't do Waccamaw because it's a State park :(. I'll let you know what I end up picking :)
By dantt99
Oh yea, and I can do the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore because it is on the National Parks website :).
By jht-union
How about The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, believe it or not, there are sarracenias just below the mountains, in fact sarracenia oreophilla sand mountain(i think is this one) is the only sarra that lives far inland in the mountains, just right below the mountains, in north carolina but more to the south in the mountains going south to georgia.
jht-union liked this
By dantt99
I'm doing Yosemite Nat'l Park because I guess he forgot to tell us we had to do one inside of California :( Thanks still for the replies :D! Unless any of you know of any Nat'l Parks in Cali.... ;)
By victor
Yosemite is a great park I went there last year.
be sure to talk about the bears and giant sequoia's
victor liked this
By dantt99
Will do! I've never been there but have heard great things about it :D!
By BradR
Lassen Volcanic National Park in northern California has Drosera rotundifolia along one of their hiking trails. The trail leads to one of the lakes and passes through a meadow with the sundews. I have hiked Lassen a couple of times. It's one of my favorite national parks.

Brad
BradR liked this
By Matt
BradR wrote:Lassen Volcanic National Park in northern California has Drosera rotundifolia along one of their hiking trails.
Really? Which one? I love that park and don't live too far from it. I've only visited once, but I really want to go back and spend some time there. It's also one of my favorite NPs.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!