FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Daniel_G
Well,today i decided to do something mad,and possibly stupid,i put a lil' bit of insta' coffee in one FlyTrap and on one D.capensis leaf,i'll keep you all posted on what happens (Ill effects,good effects etc,etc) Meanwhile post what you think it will do :)
By Grey
I read another post a few months ago about someone trying to grow their plants in strained tea (without the milk and sugar of course) and I've read of others trying coffee with some of their plants. I've never seen them update with results though.

It's interesting finding which things work best as fertilizers, especially if you have plentiful amounts of it. It means no buying speciality goods at high prices to get those healthier plants.

And why? Well, why not :lol:.
By Daniel_G
After this,i might try the coffee fertilizing method that they use for nepenthes,if it works YAY if it doesn't .....Damn :lol:
And stit25b: Coffee is acidic,and CP's like acidic soil,so why not try acidic food?
By dantt99
Gee squirtoman, didn't you know that CPs only like Starbucks? :lol:

Stitz: Coffee is a very good food for VFT if you do it perfectly. Keep us updated squirtoman! :)
By Daniel_G
I did try to get starbucks,but they're too expensive :lol: Just a lil' update,the capensis has made light work of the grain of coffee,reducing it to a small black blob :twisted:
By Jaws
Our local Starbucks puts all their used coffee outside the door in packs to take away for free.
By Jaws
squirtoman wrote:xD What do people want with used coffee?
The sign in the box with the packs said to put on the garden, ive never used coffee but teabags are great added to the
general garden soil or composter.
By jht-union
I have read it before, but didn't put attention at all, now that i see it again, i'm curious about it, i bet colombian coffee will make the trick, since colombian coffee is the best i think, and i'm not the only that thinks that(search in google), it is known internationally that the best coffee is from colombia, 2nd place is argentina(i think), and 3rd place brazil and that is because in colombia people still use their hands more for the processing of the coffee, while argentina does it almost all with machines, same with brazil, so the coffee sometimes tastes like metal i think that's why colombian coffee is so famous, i have try coffee from argentina, and i can prove that colombian coffee is better than argentinian coffee, sorry to go offtopic haha, i just think colombian coffee will do the better trick, but who knows since nobody has try it for their CP's

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!