FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
OK, here are a few shots of my Dracula. Bear in mind that it's still quite small and it's fully dormant right now. It gets nice coloration, but see the photos below to see why I'm not all that impressed with it compared to some other plants in my collection.

Sorry about the quality of these photos. The lighting this time of year is tough to work with and I was in a bit of a hurry.

This plant is perhaps the most vigorous plant I've ever seen. It gets insanely deep red traps, routinely has the red line on the outside of the trap, gets enormous traps and is just plain gorgeous. It's a seedling from Steve's 2008 FlytrapRanch mix and it was NOT started in tissue culture. It grew that large from seed in about 1.5 years...very vigorous plant.
The glare from the sun in this photo makes it hard to tell how red the trap really is.

And this plant gets the darkest red traps of any of the plants I have in my collection (hard to tell from the photos). It was started in tissue culture and I only have two of them right now:
Matt, Matt liked this
By Matt
moof wrote:Awesome colours, really nice selections! Can't wait for the international shipping option.
Thanks Peter. The international shipping option is coming soon. Unfortunately none of the plants featured in the photos will be available until much later in the growing season or perhaps not until late in the year or next year. I don't have any of them in tissue culture yet, but all of them should flower this year (other than Dracula), so I'll almost certainly get them started in TC.
jkochuni wrote:Very beautiful. :)
Thanks Jason!
CPgrower wrote:I think the pics still make the plants look awesome and you can't really tell you were taking them in a hurry. Then again maybe it's the plants. :D Haha.
Hah, thanks! But you may be right...these plants are among my favorites in the greenhouse. They're definitely eye-catching. Among the 10,000 or so flytraps I have now, these always get my attention when I walk into the greenhouse.
jht-union wrote:they look really healthy!!!!!=)
Thanks jht-union!
By Daniel_G
Beautiful! incredible! amazing! They are just incredible,please please please tissue culture them! I want one :lol:
By dmagnan
Matt wrote: I plan to get those two unnamed seedlings in tissue culture this year :)
You really make it hard to be satisfied with my current collection
By Matt
dmagnan wrote:You really make it hard to be satisfied with my current collection
Haha! Well, I think that's a good thing. That way you'll always have something new to get excited about, right?
Adam wrote:Very nice plants! This is the season when Steve's seed mix plants will be that size for me hopefully!
Steve's 2008 seed mix has some amazing plants in it. For anyone that's growing Steve's seed mix from that year, there's a good chance that you'll get some really amazing looking plants.
By Steve_D
Matt wrote:For anyone that's growing Steve's seed mix from that year, there's a good chance that you'll get some really amazing looking plants.
I was very conscientious about making interesting crosses that year (2008). The 2009 harvest had a lot more B52 pollen and seeds in it though, and quite a lot of influence of red-leaved plants, judging from the seedlings I'm growing from the 2009 Dionaea harvest. Matt's and my combined 2010 harvest should also produce some very nice plants (at least we hope so). :)
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!