FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Dionae
Do customs allow cephs through to the US? I was looking at the CITES list and didn't see it listed. Would it be easier to order plants in vitro from overseas? Thanks in advance!
By dantt99
CITES probably doesn't need a permit, but you would need Phyto, and other import permits and certificates.

If you want to learn more about that stuff, you should read more on the USDA website.

Also, Matt has 9 Cephs he's going to make available on FTS soon. I would consider that a better way than fuss with permits to ship overseas. :)
dantt99 liked this
By Dionae
Thanks Dan but I really can't find what i'm looking for on the site like prices. Someone here has to know what permits you'd need and how much they cost. Thanks for the reply though :) .
By dantt99
I had the same problem :(. USDA doesn't seem to list prices on the site ... You try calling them yet? I think that would help :)
By Dionae
I did but they were closed. Going to call them tomorrow and see if I can get some clear answers because I read somewhere, can't remember where, that you only need phyto for large orders. I don't think I need any import permits....they seem to be aimed more at businesses.
By RL7836
Dionae wrote:Looks like the only downside is sometimes your shipments might get lost or held too long and your plants will die.
.... and the costs. I've received quotes that added on $125 for a $30 order. Shipping & phyto can really add up .... For any plants available in USA (like Cephs), much easier to order from US vendors.
RL7836, RL7836 liked this
By dantt99
Yes, it's very expensive. You can find much better deals in the US :) Good luck :D
dantt99 liked this
By Daniel_G
The only other way to import/export plants internationally is to buy them in TC but you still need a phytosanitary certificate for that i think
Daniel_G liked this
By Dionae
Heres a response from the USDA-
If you are bringing less than 12 plants then all you need is a Phytosanitary Certificate from the country of origin.
Seems its not going to be as complicated as I first thought. Thanks for all the help, links and suggestions everyone!
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!