FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Lionhart
Hi all,

My Nepenthes sanguinea arrived in the post today and has been, I'm sure, in below 0.c temperatures for 4 days, while stuck in a backlog of deliveries in my area. The soil was rock soild, the pitchers are like sponge, the plant not happy. Is there any way of saving this plant? The leaves are still green but I don't believe it will stay that way for long.
By dimitar
Wow sorry to hear that! You can not do much. Just put the plant in right conditions that are needed. Warm room, high humidity and light....and time will tell ...
Most highlanders withstand temperatures of about 5 - 8C but a short time. For temperatures around 0C and low I don't know what could happen ...
I hope the plant to recover from stress faster, so good luck!
By snapperhead51
yes sorry to hear this too, advice but you will all ready know this !! don't buy any neps in winter or if your climate is not in spring or summer time !and or , if you have snow or heavy frosts !!tropics or subtropical will be ok , , hindsight is great , as Dimitar said not a great deal you can do,but put it the right conditions and see waht happens , if roots are dammaged its stuffed !! which is a high possibality , but if not the leafs will die and stem tip may backen , this may induce the plant to produce a basel shoot , but only may be , be perpaired for the wost i feel ??
J
By victor
Nepenthes are true tropicals unlike some tropical sundews.
Juding from what you described I think the plant is very well frozen and there's nothing much you can do but
say your goodby.
By Grey
Everyone else has given you good advice and I wish you all the best in recovering your plant.

Live and learn =]. If you do want to order Nepenthes in winter, perhaps it would be best to look for a store who pack their plants with heat packs and make sure it's sent by courier!

Good luck!

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!