FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By dantt99
I want to order some Live Sphagnum moss from FTS but I need to know how to care for it and keep it growing. ANY tips on how to grow are appreciated! :D
By dantt99
Thanks Grey! I haven't even got it yet, so I don't need the tips, I just would like to know because I plan to get it soon.

I sorta want to wait till they get cephs in stock so I don't have to pay to ship each :(.
By CPgrower
Can't you grow it from the dry stuff too? I believe there are dry spores or something along those lines. I have had new growth spring up in a glass vase that I used for some Purple Pitchers (planted the plants down in the bottom of the clear glass vase). It worked well! The moss started to grow up the insides of the vase too. Very interesting, I thought. :) Can anyone else verify this method?
By NepEthusiast
CPgrower wrote:Can't you grow it from the dry stuff too? I believe there are dry spores or something along those lines. I have had new growth spring up in a glass vase that I used for some Purple Pitchers (planted the plants down in the bottom of the clear glass vase). It worked well! The moss started to grow up the insides of the vase too. Very interesting, I thought. :) Can anyone else verify this method?
I keep my plants in a terrarium, and when I making my terrarium a couple months ago I put dead LFS as a top dressing, and a few weeks ago I noticed some sphagnum moss growing in the corners of my terrarium, there still small but there's quite a few of them. :mrgreen:
By HarrisAz
lots of indirect light,lots of water as long as theres way for it to drain the water out,and fertilize it with diluted seasol every week or 2 :)

sphagnny good for striking VFT pulling and other CP cuttings/pullings too!

bye
Harris
HarrisAz liked this
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!