FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Oblivion
Dionae wrote:You can get a smaller greenhouse on ebay for $40. Idk if thats out of your range or not.
ive got one of them and they work great.
just make sure to leave the door unzipped at least 20% at all times to let air in.
otherwise it becomes like an oven in there on warm sunny days
Oblivion, Oblivion liked this
By HarrisAz
you can find styrofoam based boxes there?
if so,you can make a greenhouse (mini once)outta it.

like in this pic.
this is my friend's pic,he share with me how to make a small greenhouse like setup.
in the pic,the plastic bag isnt fully transparent.so you can make 100%same as like above but use a transparent plastic like the one you got when you wash clothes from laundry shop.

good luck!!
Harris
By dantt99
CPgrower wrote:How is a styrofoam box and plastic more 'professional' or greenhouse-like than a tank? :D Also, he said he was 12yo. I was trying to suggest something he could afford, that's all.
Sorry, what I meant was a greenhouse was more professional than a tank. And you can get a mini greenhouse for 30 bucks on eBay. And btw I am 11 so.... :)
By CPgrower
Wow! Haha. I didn't know. I'm impressed then and meant no offense either about age. I guess I didn't expect someone so young to be into something like growing CPs to the point of having their own greenhouse! I'm in my twenties and don't have one...yet. I'm getting one for Christmas though and am excited about it! It was also around 35 off ebay with free shipping too!
By dantt99
Yeah, no problem. CPs are fascinating! I'm working on germinating some binatas now, and have some intermedia cuba seeds coming. I am hoping to get a mini greenhouse so I can germinate the seeds better, plus I need somewhere to put little seedling under some T5 lighting.

The fish tank actually sounds like a great Idea, I was just noting the construction of a greenhouse is more 'professional' looking than a fishtank.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!