FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By dantt99
I have had these for awhile but I am pretty sure the crappy site I ordered from messed up on the labels, because they forgot to label this one. I am pretty sure it is a Dente or a Cupped Trap.

Thanks in advance!
By dantt99
About the sleeping part. I accidentally triggered a trap when I was taking pics and it took 1.5 seconds to close. I am pretty sure it is pretty much asleep.
By jht-union
It looks great dantt99, i have 3 cupped traps, they are really small, but i hope that they grow big for me like yours, for how long have you have them?
i bet they are 4-5 year old cupped VFT's! ;)
By dantt99
I have only had them about 2 or 3 months. They came pretty bad, but I got them fixed up and they are doing really good now! :D

EDITI forgot to answer your question lol. I am not sure how old they are, my guess is 2-3 years. Like I said they came unlabeled so I have no clue how old they are.
By jht-union
Also, i just notice that one of your cupped VFT is throwing out a flower stalk, people say it will weaken the plant at this time of the year because is suppose to be going dormant right now, and that you should cut it, and that happens because the plant is confused and thinks is spring or summer, what i think is the opposite, if your plant is getting sunlight even in winter, then let it flower and get the seeds, and if is not getting enough sunlight, and you think your plant is weak or might die because of the flowering, then cut it off right away.

Good luck!
jht-union liked this
By dantt99
I think your all wrapped up here. That is a new leaf. and it just came out a couple days ago. Trust me, if it starts to look like a flower stalk I'll clip it. :)
By jht-union
Hey, the photo from the middle, you can see it clearly, that is flower bud(the top part of a flower stalk), you should cut it, that new leaf that is coming is a vft trap, but if you look to the side(next to the new upcoming trap,or i should say is in between the new upcoming trap), you will see the round thing coming up, you should look at photos of a VFT flower, but that's definitely a flower stalk coming, cut it off.

Good luck!!!!
By dantt99
Oh wow, lol. I never even saw that. If I cut it now will I still be able to plant it in pot and hope for some plant growth?
By dantt99
Oh yea and also how will I cut it it is really small. Do I need to pull the plant out of the soil or wait for it to grow bigger?
N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!