FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By prpl_trtl
As tou can see on the picture very strange colour of the plants, nor green nor yellow. This leaves will probably get black, but I hope the roots are still healthy for new growth. (And finally I have possibility to put 1:1 peat perlite mix as you can see...)
So, what do you think about this order?
Attachments:
DSC02545.JPG
DSC02545.JPG (421.89 KiB) Viewed 4918 times
Last edited by prpl_trtl on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Daniel_G
hmmmmmm that doesn't seem to good :( how much light is it getting? hopefully the rhizome will put up some new growth,also hwat hemisphere are you in? :lol:
By BradR
Looks to me like it has been frost bitten. Thats always a risk when shipping plants during winter.
Did you notice if the rhizome looked white and healthy when you repotted it? It may have gone dormant. I would keep it cool and drier for a few weeks then give it warmth and lots of light and see if it wakes up.

Brad
By prpl_trtl
It is just repotted and I can't yet get it some light period. North hemisphere,Europe... I think the rhizome was good, but all plant was watered as you see. It is now in moist soil on windowsill, and I will see what will happened...
By moof
Looks like it gonna die, even if the rhizome is OK. The leaf's color is strange. Try to remove them and let's hope the rhizome is OK. Was it red when you were repotting the plant?

Peter
By BradR
Looks like it gonna die, even if the rhizome is OK.
You can't pronounce a Flytrap dead until spring. I've seen some remarkable recoveries.

Brad
By prpl_trtl
It is surely frost bitten,because it was moisten when I unpack it. And if I can remember now the rhizome wasn't looking dead.
If any new growth appears in next couple of weeks,I will upload a picture...
By Matt
prpl_trtl wrote:It is surely frost bitten,because it was moisten when I unpack it. And if I can remember now the rhizome wasn't looking dead.
OK, that's great news! I'd bet that it will recover with good care. Please keep us updated :)
By Richardavion
'Looks'-like It's AUTOLYSED IN-Transit.

Definitely R-DEADEN In-My-Opinion ... though don't-Let-Me 'Stop'-You from-Trying to-RAISE-The-Dead, so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!