FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By sekler
Incredible! !!

How long have you been growing it?

Cephs as others cps I'm pretty sure live pretty much forever if cared for right. They divide and essentially produce other plants, that's what I read anyway

Can't wait that mine grows mature, even if its just a typical!

How big are those pitchers?
By Listserv
Hi everyone, and thanks so much for your feedback. I purchased the plant from an extremely reputable seller that is well known and respected in the CP community. I'm not going to divulge my source because I wish to purchase more plants from him in the future. But rest assured, he is extremely credible, and there is no issue whatsoever in regards to the labeling of "Red Hummer." This plant is is indeed a Red Hummer Giant.

In regards to the size of the plant, the leaves and traps are constantly growing and dying. Cephalotus plants do not get very big to begin with. The number of traps and leaves is not a good indicator for age. The only good indicator for age is the measurement of the plant's root bowl-- which I assure you, is monstrous. There are multiple points of growth on this plant.

With the way Cephalotus is grown, humidity and lighting can play very important factors. The previous owner of this plant kept it in very well-lit, low-humidity conditions, which from what I understand, diminishes the sizes of the traps. This plant is an official Cephalotus cultivar clone from a proven bloodline, so I expect the value of my investment to grow accordingly in the future.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.
By BradR
wiki234 wrote:that has huge pitchers it bigger than the common one that many people buy in lowe's
They don't have Cephalotus at my Lowes.
By Idontkno23
Hi, as some of you have asked-

Cephalotus, along with many other carnivorous plants, produce offshoots and more then one crown.

As long as the Cephalotus keeps producing new crowns, it could live forever! :)
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!