FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By huzar1136
Hello!

I'm going to the USA this spring, and were going to drive from N.Y to Miami, and were going right through North- and South Carolina. (Were staying in Fayetteville)
So, i would like to know if it would be possible to find those VFT's growing in the wild? Cause that would be very neat! :D
By BradR
I have the GPS coordinates saved, but I'm a little hesitant to post the exact location of the wild flytraps on a public message board. There has been a lot of poaching in the past and they are becomming more endangered in the wild.
Let me think about it.

Brad
By huzar1136
Just for you to know: I'm not gonna collect any. Even if i would, i couldn't bring them home, so there would be no reason to. I wanna see them in real life, and maybe grab some pictures! :D
But i dont need the exact coordinates, i just want to know where i might find some, like in a forest or near a village :D
By Daniel_G
ive made a post on their habitat so you can take a look at that heres the link http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/flytr ... t7932.html its also got care info :D
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!