FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By grant
so here is my new fused tooth, red pirahna, b52 and cupped trap. i threw in a pic of my dente and typical also. they seem to be making a good come back. also, there is one of my flowering cape sundew.

whatcha' guys think?
fall 08 022.jpg
fall 08 023.jpg
fall 08 017.jpg
Last edited by grant on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By grant
fall 08 024.jpg
fall 08 025.jpg
fall 08 019.jpg
Last edited by grant on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By grant
fall 08 018.jpg
By grant
the fused tooth, red pirahna and b52 are all kind of, a big, mass of plant. maybe they didn't used to get trimmed that well? i dont know...

they weren't the prettiest when they first arrived. i trimmed off alot of dead leaves. but i think that the spot they are in will be good for them.

Matt: i know you were saying i dont really need a terrarium... but i looked all over town and couldnt really come up with much. but i figured it wouldn't hurt. and if it doesn't work out. i can always just buy more.

so what should i do with my sundew flower stalk?
By grant
ps - incase anyone was wondering why i didn't put them in matching pots... it's pretty much winter time up here right now. and all of the stores are not carrying much in the way of gardening supplies. if anybody wanted to know :)
By grant
pps - i should mention that they came not bare root, but with a little soil. wrapped in a paper towel and seran wrap. i could have done the fridge thing for dormancy. but come on. who could resist not potting them? :roll:
By Matt
gunnison_cp wrote:the fused tooth, red pirahna and b52 are all kind of, a big, mass of plant. maybe they didn't used to get trimmed that well? i dont know...

they weren't the prettiest when they first arrived. i trimmed off alot of dead leaves. but i think that the spot they are in will be good for them.

Matt: i know you were saying i dont really need a terrarium... but i looked all over town and couldnt really come up with much. but i figured it wouldn't hurt. and if it doesn't work out. i can always just buy more.

so what should i do with my sundew flower stalk?
It looks like they are well on their way into dormancy. Most of the leaves and traps on my plants are also black and look very similar to your photos. My plants have stopped growing completely, at least as far as I can tell by looking at them. I can't see much growth over the last 2 weeks.

The reason the ones you got from David Conner look like one big mass of plant is because they haven't been out of tissue culture for too long. The plants I got from him looked the same and some of them didn't have much in the way of roots. It worked out well for me though because that mass of plant turns into several plants after 1 growing season.

I left the flower stalks on my sundew go ahead and grow. I've heard that they are hard to kill (D. Capensis), so I'm just letting it do its thing.
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!