FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
Hi FTC community, i bought these 2 Giant Mystery box 6 Plants, and they arrived today!!!!!, i think it was steve who send the plants, thank you very much steve for the plants, all the VFT's are really really pretty, and the traps of the red typical are REALLY REALLY BIG, the cupped traps, really really tiny and lovely, the czech giant are really green and big, and last but no least the droseras alba, they are really cool, pretty with each drop of dew. planting them was a problem, but i think i did it correctly :( , they look really crowded, but i will change that when spring comes, i will have a pot for each kind of CP!!!!!, this is a link of another giant mystery box that i got this saturday!!!(i need help)
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/giant ... t8408.html

and well here are the new ones, i received 3 czech giant venus flytrap, 3 cupped venus flytraps, 3 Red typicals, 3 droseras alba!!!!:

it might look like a mess, but they are well potted( at least i think) :roll:
By Steve_D
They look great! Remember that the Venus Flytraps have entered dormancy, so it might be nice if you could provide them with cool temperatures and not too much water (water thoroughly, but allow to almost dry between waterings, is what I mean). The Drosera capensis don't need a dormancy, but you can accommodate both VFTs and the Drosera by allowing the temperatures to be in the 40s to 50s most hours. That's cool enough for the Flytraps and warm enough for the Drosera capensis. Warmer daytime temperatures won't do any harm.

The Venus Flytraps will probably come out of dormancy in the last half of March or first half of April.

Good luck and happy growing. :)
By HarrisAz
hey!!!!

im jealous of u!!

u can obtain a big Cupped Trap easily at a very low price :(
i love Cupped Trap!!
:(
:(
By jht-union
Thank you Steve, i just change all the VFT's to the pot where all the other VFT's are sleeping, and the droseras i have a lamp that i can use everyday to give them the necessary light and warm since they're tropicals!

Sorry Harris :( haha, perhaps in the future i would be able to send you seeds from the cupped trap :)!
jht-union liked this
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!