FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Graham
Hi all!

So I'm new here, got an interest in growing VFT plants myself, and it sounds really interesting so I'm pretty excited. Only problem is, their either ripped off or you don't get them here that easily, well, not at a good price.

If anyone will be so kind, even from South Africa would be awesome, to give me some seeds to start my journey, perhaps some advice will be much appreciated, I already know 3 golden rules: Lots of light, direct sun and distilled/rain water.

Looking forward to hearing from some helpful community members!

I'm gonna grow them in a tray about 10cm deep, and 30cm X 70cm with drainage holes, that's okay right?

And do I grow them in normal potting soil, or won't they grow then? -- I read you get some kind of moss, but is that necessary? :O

Thanks!!!
By Matt
Hello and welcome to the forums Graham!
Graham wrote:I'm gonna grow them in a tray about 10cm deep, and 30cm X 70cm with drainage holes, that's okay right?
Yep, that should work fine.
Graham wrote:And do I grow them in normal potting soil, or won't they grow then? -- I read you get some kind of moss, but is that necessary?
Yes, it's necessary to have the proper soil for growing flytraps. Normal potting soil will burn the roots and kill flytraps. Be sure to read the articles on the main site. Here is the one on proper soil:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/media-soil-f ... traps.html

And here's one for germinating seeds:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/growing-venu ... seeds.html
Matt liked this
By Graham
+Thanks

I actually ordered myself from your store, still hoping to get some different kinds to increase my collection if someone is willing to share, I'll pay shipping!
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!