FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Submit a photo to enter the contest or vote for your favorite photo submission

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
OK, so the results of the Third FlytrapCare photo contest are in!

First place goes to "tzestan's Nepenthes bicalcarata":
tzestan lives in Malaysia, so he wins three packets of Venus fly trap seed and a FlytrapStore T-shirt!

Second place was "RL7836's Heliamphora pulchella, Akopan Tepui, Venezuela":
RL7836 resides in the USA and will receive a Dionaea "Czech Giant" and a FlytrapStore T-Shirt! Additionally, thanks to Carol Stiff, RL7836 will also receive a home tissue culture kit!

And there was a two-way tie for third place! "SDCPs' Drosera Venusta":
and "TENroaches' Sarracenia 'Judith Hindle'":
Both of the 3rd place winners will receive prizes.

Because they're both in the US, SDCPs and TENroaches will get a Cupped Trap flytrap and a FlytrapStore T-Shirt!

All winners please email me (matt@flytrapcare.com) your addresses so that your prizes can be sent on their way!

The top finisher in the EU is snowball's Pinguicula x Tina:
and she wins a set of 5 terrestrial Utricularia from moof. snowball, please contact moof to arrange shipment details. Congratulations!

A big thank you to all who participated in the contest and made it a success! The photos of each contest continue to get better and better. Since it's dormancy time here in the northern hemisphere, we'll like not be having too many more photo contests until spring. However, so that the forum members in the southern hemisphere have a chance to submit photos of non-dormant plants, it's only fair that we run at least one contest during the winter months in the northern hemisphere. Also, people here in the northern hemisphere can submit photos of tropical plants or even dormant plants. Some plants look good even when dormant. So be watching for another photo contest to start in a few months.
By SDCPs
Congratulasions Tzestan! A great photo!!!

RL7836: Great color and beautiful plant. Is it the lights you're growing with?

TENroackes: We meet again! Nice shot.

Snowball: How did you take such a close up shot?
SDCPs liked this
By tzestan
Thanks everyone, especially FlyTrapCare(Matt and Steve) and prize donors around the world in taking the trouble organizing photo contest. It is fun participating in...:) There are many great photos... I must be lucky this round.

Look forward for more contests to come... :lol:
By RL7836
Thanks Matt & Steve for a great contest!! There were many fantastic images - I know I was very lucky this time! Thanks everyone!
SDCPs wrote:RL7836: Great color and beautiful plant. Is it the lights you're growing with?
I don't know if the color is more from the lights or the plant's genetic make-up. I'm currently using power compact fluorescent lamps & fixtures from AH Supply (they are basically T-5 lamps bent into a long U-shape with mirror reflectors). I hope to get one or two 4' T-5 fixtures this winter to try out.
By moof
Congratulations to all the winners,
Matt - this time my prize were two different forms of U.longifolia (pink&white flowered) and some sundews, the set of 5 utrics was the prize for the second contest. Snowball received one U. longifolia the last time so I'll arrange other plants:)
I'll send a Nepenthes bicalcarata plantlet, Drosera adelae and a white-flowered U.longifolia with location data. Michelle, please contact me again if that's OK. If you want another utric, let me know.

Peter
By Matt
moof wrote:Matt - this time my prize were two different forms of U.longifolia (pink&white flowered) and some sundews, the set of 5 utrics was the prize for the second contest. Snowball received one U. longifolia the last time so I'll arrange other plants:)
Ah, right, sorry moof!

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!