FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By afh928
***SALE CLOSED, NOT SELLING MY PLANTS :)***

Well, i know this sounds crazy, especially if you know how much i love my plants....but i have just started working on a new musical project that is going to require an IMMENSE amount of attention and time from me and also a TON of money...So, i am selling my ENTIRE collection as one package deal and i need to get it gone ASAP. Most everything has started going dormant which i hear is an ideal time to ship. Everything is healthy and very well established and taken care of with the utmost love and detail. I have some very nice varieties of CP and my collection represents many of the different types CP including Dionaea, Sarracenia, and Drosera. Price will be listed below after the plant list and includes shipping to anywhere in the continental US. Serious growers or newbies looking for a SERIOUS boost to your collection take note, this offer is killer. I am NOT a merchant, this is simply a ONE TIME offer.

Dionaea:

Pink venus/Small x 5
B52/ 3 Good sized clumps w/divisions
Big Vigorous/1 medium
Red Piranha/ 1 young
Red Dragon/ 2 young
Dutch/5 + young
Cross Teeth/ 1 medium
Typical/5 + various sizes and 1 very Large clump
Fine Tooth x Red/ 1 large clump
Dentate/ 3 very young
Various seedlings/ 30+

Sarracenia:

S. Rubra/1 VERY large mature
S. Rubra/ 1 mature large clump
S. Rubra/ 1 mature
S. Rubra/ 2 young
S. Leucophylla “tarnok”/ 4 young
S. Leucophylla “tarnok”/ 2 mature
S. Purpurea/ 1 VERY large mature
S. Pupurea ssp. Venosa/ 2 mature
S. Alata Maroon Throat/ 1 mature
S. Flava/ 1 mature
S. Excellens/ 1 mature
Unknown Sarr. / 1 small
S. Judith Hindle/ 1 mature and 2 young
S. Dixie Lace/ 1 young
S. Ladybug/ 1 young
S. Scarlett Belle/ 2 small

Drosera:

D. Filiformis/ 3 x large mature clumps
D. Filiformis/ 10 + young
D. Marston Dragon/ 5 various sizes
D Hybrida/ 1 small clump

I can also include some pots and misc. accessories such as spray bottle etc.

*FINAL PRICE REDUCTION*
I am looking to get $375 for the collection including shipping. If you are interested please PM me and we can discuss further. I would like to get this shipped before winter sets in, so serious buyers jump on it! Again, i am NOT a merchant...this is a ONE TIME OFFER AT AN *INSANELY REDUCED PRICE* because i need the time and money and i want my collection going to a great home.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post, i hope to hear from you soon.

I will email pics to serious buyers, just fyi.

Aaron :mrgreen:
Last edited by afh928 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
By afh928
*I will also include a large bag of sphagnum peat moss, a bag of perlite, and a bottle of Neem extract as well.
By afh928
*PRICE REDUCED, SEE ABOVE*
Last edited by afh928 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Steve_D
Sounds like a good deal, Aaron. :) What type of musical project are you about to embark on? Going to be a professional musician? Is it going to involve travel? if so, I can understand; pro musicians' home is often wherever they happen to be on the road, and it doesn't encourage putting down roots nor having a lot of "stuff" (except musical instruments and clothes, vehicle, etc.).

Anyway, whatever you are about to do in this next phase of your life, I hope it's happy and fulfilling for you. :)
By afh928
Thanks Steve-O! I dont plan to stop growing CPs at all, i just REALLY need the $ right now to get some gear i need. Im going to be doing solo instrumental guitar stuff and i have quite a bit of equipment i need to get so this seemed like a good way to raise some funds. I may even keep a few plants just to keep the flame burning, then once i get a little further into the project i can build the collection back up again. I just know how much time my music is going to demand of me and i want to make sure i give it 300%. Hopefully somebody on here will want to buy it, and just to state the obvious...i am extremely willing to negotiate on the price, just in case any potential buyers are reading lol. So, dont worry...you guys can't get rid of me THAT easy lol. CPs are still a passion, i just gotta give everything i have to my 1st passion. :)
By afh928
Yeah, just fyi...make me an offer...i am extremely willing to negotiate on the price, just dont shoot me in the foot lol. I just need to get this sold! :mrgreen:
By afh928
Youre the 2nd person who said that lol. I'm thinking im not gonna get a buyer on this one, and since i have had to take the price down so low to even generate a LITTLE interest i think im gonna call it quits on this one in a day or two. I already bought all my gear i needed anyway lol...i would just be making up some $ from the sale anyway. So if you want to get in on this i will lower the price ONE MORE TIME to $300 INCLUDING SHIPPING. If nobody bites by tomorrow at midnight i will cancel the offer and keep my plants. :mrgreen:
By afh928
Right now i'm playing with a Peavey Limited Series EXP while i am rebuilding my 90's Strat. I got a custom paint job and im putting all custom parts back into it, EMG pickups, Sperzel Locking Tuners, Hipshot bridge, Warmoth neck. Thats gonna take a little while lol. I'm running my guitar through a Zoom G9.2TT with a Lovepedals Superlead distortion in the loop, into a Boss RC-50 Loop Station, and out to a vintage (80's) Yamaha G50-410 that is hands down the BEST amp score i have ever come across. It has the most amazing clean channel i have EVER heard, period...and it is LOUD. It takes my pedals/procerrors very well too, and makes them really shine and the 4 x 10 configuration really gives it a well rounded tone. I used to be a tube snob, but this is the best amp i have ever owned...and i have had all the requisite high end stuff before, but this thing wins because of its clean tone and the simple fact that it is perfect for what i do. I'm working on a solo instrumental guitar project with a visual/art element to it and right now i'm in the writing/gear tweaking phase. Probably gonna be at least a year or so before i can take it live, but it will be worth the wait. Ill probably be doing it in theaters and art collectives more so than rock venues, but the right venue will work under certain conditions. I just don't want the traditional "rock show" vibe to detract from the musical experience i hope to be giving people. We'll see, i may fall on my face and people might hate it lol...but you gotta go for broke, and never say die. It is the music i have wanted to make my entire life, so i am gonna give it the full shot i have always wanted to give it...and being a 1 man show, i have NOBODY's ego or laziness holding me back from achieving what i want to achieve.:)

So now it is all about work, running, and writing music. And of course, nursing my babies through dormancy....i have a strong feeling that i'm not going to be selling my plants. I mean, i already bought the gear i needed anyway, so it would just kinda be extra $ at this point. Plus, i think i would miss them too much, and its not REALLY that much work to take proper care of them. :)
By Steve_D
afh928 wrote:Yamaha G50-410 that is hands down the BEST amp score i have ever come across. It has the most amazing clean channel i have EVER heard, period...and it is LOUD.
Yeah, Yamaha is known for its very clean and quiet circuitry and very solid amplification and speakers that are overengineered for the amps (won't distort or blow as easily as many others). I love Yamaha gear (amps, pianos, MIDI tone generators), but lots of musicians seem to have a kind of disdain for Yamaha, like it's not "cool" enough or something. Yamaha is generally well-built, really good stuff.

Have fun Aaron, sounds like a neat project. :)

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!