FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By EverDave
:) Me again

I am curious as to your opinions on the easiest to grow CP plant and one that rewards it grower with growth the quickest.
I need some CP inspiration please. I need to see strong growth. All I have planted are pitcher plants and they grow so slow lol.

Thanks all!
By Veronis
Capensis do grow relatively quickly; my vote goes to drosera burmannii, or any "annual" sundew. Burmannii stay relatively small, a couple cm in diameter, but if you want a bigger plant, drosera indica are annual and get around 24 inches tall I believe.

Regarding all flytraps, sarracenia, nepenthes, they all take some time to grow from seed to mature plants (years), but annual drosera like burmannii and indica will be full-grown in under a year.

Like most sundew, with bi-weekly feeding burmanniis and indica will explode with growth and get bigger much faster. Use freeze-dried bloodworms - crush into dust and sprinkle over the seedlings. When they get bigger, I feed them betta fish pellets instead of insects. It works very very well and my sundews flower like crazy. Both of these items are available at any major pet store in the fish aisles, and they're both really inexpensive (couple bucks).

See my reply to another user here for more information if you're interested in growing these from seed: http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/post72922.html#p72922

Good luck!
By EverDave
Trying to locate some drosera burmannii seeds, but no luck. I like this plant alot from what I read.
Looking in the seed bank and Flytrap store, but no luck.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!